Elentarri's Book Blog 7 months ago
Thank you. I usually just search for my book using the ISBN-13. Makes it easier first time round.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
I do too - unless it's a book someone else here has reviewed that I spontaneously add to my shelves. I TRY to remember to check which edition they're reviewing before adding it to my shelves, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and just shelve it, only to find out later it's an ebook/kindle edition. :p
Obsidian Black Plague 7 months ago
Thanks!
Muccamukk 7 months ago
This is really helpful, thank you.
This is so helpful. I was wondering if there was a way to do this. Thank you!!
Linda Hilton 7 months ago
thank you!! i got it fixed.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
Your welcome everybody! :)

@Linda: Glad that's been fixed - sorry again for being the reason it got messed up the first time around.
Linda Hilton 7 months ago
It probably scared me more because it was one of those "not really a book" scam-type things, and I immediately feared it was something the scammer had done. Better that it was just a human error! ;-)
Murder by Death 7 months ago
I kind of wondered if I merged it because someone DID report it as 'not really a book', but I'm usually much more careful not to touch stuff I can find listings for on Amazon, whether I think it's really legit or not, so I'm sticking with stupid human error. :p
Linda Hilton 7 months ago
That's what I called it, so I guess I share some of the blame. ;-)

It was a "real" book, in the sense that there was a story with text. But the vast majority of the actual product wasn't that story, so it was just over-padded with junk to add up pages.

But based on the fact that I had acquired it as a freebie two years ago, it may very well have been removed from Amazon close to that long ago, too, if it had been determined to be a scam. So it's probably not surprising that you couldn't find it on Amazon, or even any, um, residue of its existence. I do still have the Kindle edition, however, and can post the "evidence" if needed. ;-)
Murder by Death 7 months ago
No need - the listing is still on Amazon (or back on, maybe?), although the few reviews I saw briefly while grabbing some of the publication data were loudly calling out all the crap padding bulking up the pages.

I get nervous when stuff like this happens; the way the tools are setup it's not very hard to mess up. I *think* I catch my errors pretty much as I'm hitting the button, and so can fix them immediately, but then something like this happens and I think "aw crap, what else didn't I catch?".

Ah well, at least it's fixable; I'm so thankful BookLIkes makes everyone's posts/reviews untouchable - for many reasons - so at least I don't have to sweat deleting anyone's stuff. :p