BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
I'm still excited that you found this one. And I'm still a bit puzzled by that cover. :)
It is a slow, slow book, but I read this at the height of a hot summer liked imagining that summers in Maycomb were hot and kinda slow, too.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
I figured out the cover! It's the scene in front of the jail - when Atticus is guarding Tom and the kids bust into the mini-mob that have Atticus surrounded. Only the artist left off the jail and poor, omg, I've already forgotten his name *head desk*... the boy that visits in summer. GAH!

This is going to go down in my life memories as one of the coolest moments; it's my personal "I won the lottery!!". :D I have a special velvet-lined wooden box I'm keeping it in (one of those that looks like an ancient book) to keep it from getting any more 'loved'.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
The boy who visits in the summer ... ah, Truman C., alias Dill?

Atticus' hands are HUGE.

It rightly deserves its own presentation "(keep away from grubby hands, cats, coffee)" box. :D
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Yes, DILL! I kept thinking 'celery' last night, and knew it was time to go to bed.

The artist's perspective is off a bit, isn't it? Maybe a sly commentary on ... no, no, I can't go there.

A friend say the boxes in a shop closing down, so she bought be 2-3 of them - they look amazing and I figured at the time "I'll find a use for them"... and here we are. :)
BrokenTune 1 week ago
Dill, celery, I see how your mind works there. ;)
Can I recommend Wolf Hollow? It reminded me of To Kill a Mockingbird in that it was in had the same feel to it yet it was different. Hard to explain but it was so good. I really think you'd enjoy it. Glad you enjoyed this one.
BrokenTune 1 week ago
Ooh, I'll look up Wolf Hollow. Thanks. :)
Murder by Death 1 week ago
Me too! Thanks! :)
Awesome. I hope you both like it! :) :)