Familiar Diversions 7 months ago
I think my kitty would have been offended by the wetness. Yours just looks chill.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
He has this 'thing' about laundry; he attacks it when I'm pulling it out of the hamper, when I'm putting it in the washing machine, AND pulling it out - and often he'll jump in the washing machine and 'guard' the rest of the wet clothes. Today was the first time he ever decided to attack the wet laundry as I was hanging it on the clothesline. He dove under the shirts and then just laid there for 5 minutes just like you see him. He's a dork. (A loveable dork, but still, a dork.)
Familiar Diversions 7 months ago
Oh, cute!
Familiar Diversions 7 months ago
Although maybe also nerve-wracking. I'd worry he'd try to get into the machine unnoticed. I hope he's a good boy and really obvious about his guarding and attacking.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
He is - he doesn't feel it's worth his time unless he has an audience (me) and someone to attack (also me). Plus, it's a front loader, so he can't crawl in and not be noticed. :)
Person Of Interest 7 months ago
Lito!!!! What a crazy guy. :)
Darth Pony 7 months ago
I tried to find words for how cute this is, but my vocabulary is lacking.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
IKR? MT and I were both speechless too, although for us it was probably a combination of 'awww' and 'dumbass, that's WET!'.

MT always takes the cutest pictures to work and makes them his desktop background and this one is slated to be his next. :)
Darth Pony 7 months ago
Carlito would probably tell you he MEANT to get wet! ;) My sister had a cat that loved getting wet, actually. He'd sit in the kitchen sink and meow at her to turn on the faucet. Cats are weird/wonderful creatures.

This pic will make an awesome desktop background.
Tannat 7 months ago
Honestly, cats are just fine getting wet as long as they control the degree of wetness. Or they don't feel it because the spray of water just beads on their fur (memories of when Balou used to hang out on my bathmat while I was in the shower).
Murder by Death 7 months ago
Yep - Carlito will, if we let him (and we don't generally because it's hell on his fur), lay on the floor of the shower just after we've stepped out. I think he loves the warmth, and could not care in the least about the water he's laying in.
Elentarri's Book Blog 7 months ago
Funny kitty. :) My dog just dumps slobbery tennis balls into the laundry basket, so I have to rewash the stuff. The other dog steals socks.
BrokenTune 7 months ago
Cat hairs forever! 'Lito does look cute, tho.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
You'd think so wouldn't you? But it's actually a snap to get the hairs off the wet laundry; they either come off in the dryer, or as they're line drying most of the blow away or shake right off. It's when they decide that NOTHING will do but to curl up on the newly dried laundry that it becomes impossible. Easter-cat has a way of doing this without being noticed, and by the time we find her, I have to re-wash whatever she was laying on.
Tannat 7 months ago
The WET laundry? Oh dear, that's a new one.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
He's pretty, but not entirely 'normal'. He makes me laugh. :)
ROFLMAO -- how did he even get under there ... let alone fitting so snugly?!
Murder by Death 7 months ago
He dives. He does it with the sheets too when I'm making or stripping the bed. It's a horizontal dive, and it's hilarious to see and he can get between layers like he was born to do it. And then he just flattens himself and waits you out. When you try to move something, ATTACK! Or, he falls asleep, whichever comes first. :P
Oh God, I can't even -- he falls asleep in wet laundry? With *that* fur of his?!
Murder by Death 7 months ago
I know... luckily it's not wet-wet (I'm a fan of high speed spin cycles), and he doesn't do it often in the damp laundry - mostly it's the sheets when I'm changing the bedding, and even that usually isn't a problem, as I've gotten pretty good at working around him, but once in awhile he manages to get inside the duvet, and he goes to the far end - THAT'S a pain in the ass because he thinks the process of getting him out is so. much. fun!
'Lito, you're officially nuts. Totally and completely. Or constantly on decidedly more catnip than is good for you.
Murder by Death 7 months ago
Wasabi hogs all the catnip, so I'm afraid we just have to put 'lito down as a delightfully different soul. :D
Hah. What was the thing about the beat of a different drummer? :D
Murder by Death 7 months ago
One of these days, I'm going to manage to get useable video... ;-)
Please!
Tannat 7 months ago
lol "like he was born to do it"
Bark at the Ghouls 7 months ago
lol, how long did he stay there?!
Murder by Death 7 months ago
At *least* 5 minutes. I went on with my laundry hanging until MT and I realised he might actually stay there long enough to go back into the house to get the camera, and then sat there looking at me with that expression (which really means 'this is not how we play the game!') while I took a slew of pictures, and then I went back to hanging laundry; it was just about this time he decided he was bored and it was time to move on to harassing Easter-cat.