BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
The Taj Ma-Chook? LOL.

How are the feathered gang?
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
HUGE! We chose the Copper Marins because they were listed as being the same size as eggy and henri. They lied, lol. They're sweet chooks though, skittish a bit, but not so much that they won't let you pet them for a bit and their feathers are some of the silkiest, softest feathers I've ever felt. Little Eggy is still the queen of the roost though - our little avian Napoleon. :D

If we get another sunny day .... EVER, I'll post some updated pics. I have garden projects to show off too and lest anyone on BL thinks I'm rational, two more sets of critters to introduce (spoiler alert: they are piscine by nature.) ;-)
Yet more critters! This time next year, I'm fully expecting you to have established a zoo (and charging admission / putting up a paywall to see pics).

"Piscine in nature" strikes me as a somewhat daring choice with three felines in the same household ...
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
So far, so good: Easter has only just the other night noticed 2 of them from out the window. We have fountains running during the day, so they really can't access the bowls to 'go fishing' - although they do sneak in and drink the water. :P

I'm pretty sure the zoo is full up now. I can't think of anything else I can add that won't require me to spend a lot of time caring for it. (Like, say, pygmy goats... ::grin::)
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
Ooh, pictures please! :D
Seconded. (Though -- do we even have to ask for pictures, I wonder?)
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
For the record, yes -or at least it helps. :D I worry about going off topic too much here (it IS a book site after all) and I know not everyone is enthralled with animals, gardens, etc. It's a balance, I think, so when pics are requested, I know I've not gone too far off the book reservation. (yet)
Elentarri's Book Blog 3 weeks ago
Nice review.
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
Thank you. Every once in awhile, I get close. :)
Elentarri's Book Blog 3 weeks ago
LOL. You generally write decent reviews. This one just happened to be about a book I was looking at. From your review I gather there is too much extra stuff that would annoy me so I am skipping it.
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
Good call - I don't think it would leave you satisfied from a scientific / behavioural perspective. This is a very personal story of a woman who lives with a lot of birds. :)
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
I wasn't even sure that the book would hold up for readers without an interest in the local setting. I mean, I picked this up because it was about a lady who kept a pet rook in my own town.
Murder by Death 3 weeks ago
You had me at pet rook. :)

(Although I admit there were a few emotionally dicey parts - I flagrantly skipped right past the anecdote about Truman Capote b/c I didn't see that ending well, for example.)
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
:) Some of the stories were ... dicey. I loved her enthusiasm for the birds, tho.