Url Phantomhive 2 months ago
Your TBR reduction strategy sounds great, maybe I should also do it. Clearly I have a problem with my TBR...
Murder by Death 2 months ago
I suspect it's a pre-requisite of belonging to BookLikes. :D

It's worked for me so far; I don't feel like I'm punishing myself by banning book buying, but am guaranteed to read twice as many as I buy, which whittles away at the TBR mountains.
Helen Czerski should have featured the thorny devil in "Storm in a Teacup", in connection with her discussion of trees -- I suppose the same laws are in action there? Anyway, that's one seriously cool critter.

Enjoy Uluru! I'm glad to hear treatment options are in place for the "medical" items ... it's amazing what merely being able to put a name to the thing can do for you, isn't it? Hope things are going to continue looking up.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Yes, thanks! It was actually both Wasabi and MT. Wasabi is, according to the vet, ridiculously healthy on sight and on paper, but his protein counts were off the charts, so in spite of everything to the contrary, somethings up with his kidneys, so he gets a snootful of meds each night. MT has something irritatingly rare called palindromic rheumatism, which nobody really knows anything about except it doesn't cause joint damage, (YAY!!!), but flares up without warning, lasts a short period of time, but is caustically painful while it lasts, which certainly adds a level of spontaneity to life. :P He's on Rheumatoid Arthritis meds, which are believed to lengthen time between flareups. I'm thinking pharmaceutical stocks might make sense for us as investments, lol.
That's what you'd call "putting a positive spin on it, I suppose ..." :~

How is Wasabi taking to his meds?
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Wasabi's meds are a liquid that is supposed to taste 'pleasing' to cats. I don't care to test that, so we sneak up on him when he's sleeping at night and squirt it in before he has time to object - then give him a huge treat. If we do it right he's never awake enough to know what happened. :)
You manage to sneak up on a cat? Wow. (Even a 15 year old cat ...)
Murder by Death 2 months ago
When he sleeps, he sleeps HARD. Hard enough to fall off the couch when he tries to sleep on the back of it. :P
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Uluru sounds great! I really hope June gives you guys a break.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Thanks, :)
Emerjas 2 months ago
That thorny devil looks so cool! Hope you get to see one!
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Isn't he? I figure his coolness is inversely indicative of my chances of seeing him, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But yeah... I hope I get to see one too. :)