BrokenTune 4 months ago
I haven't read on since the last post, but I'll do some catching up tonight. :)

I much prefer Czerski's book, including her take on humour, but this one is good in other aspects. For example, the breadth of topics is great in this one.
Person Of Interest 4 months ago
I've been missing in action -- browser issues and RL priorities -- but just wanted to pop in to say Hi! Plus I have A Is For Arsenic sitting right here next to me since I just renewed it for the 2nd time. Hopefully I'll manage to get it read in the next 3 weeks. Great to see everyone is carrying on as usual here at BL. :D

BrokenTune 4 months ago
*waves* RL and Browser issues at the same time sounds awful. I hope both are fixed so you can spend some more time reading. :)
Person Of Interest 4 months ago
Waves back. :) I've actually been making an effort to do more cooking despite my chronic pain issues so I am listening to audiobooks. Of course there's other stuff taking up my time and energy that's still ongoing, but now that my browser is working again, at least I'll be able to poke my nose in here once in a while to see what everyone's up to. Yay! Have missed you guys.

Murder by Death 4 months ago
*waves* We've missed you too! As someone who doesn't like to cook even when there's no pain involved, I think you're a superhero. :)

Audiobooks are great, aren't they?
Person Of Interest 4 months ago
As I've said before, audiobooks have been a life saver for me. Love, love, love them!

I actually like to cook and started collecting cook books as a teen. It's a creative outlet for me. I've never gotten into all the cooking shows, though 'cause I'm an independent sort and prefer to do my own thing. Recipes are just starting points; I like to experiment and take them in my own direction. And except for the exploding rice and wine stuffed roast chicken in my early 20's and a few fallen cakes, I've had good luck following my own instincts after acquiring some of the basics. I'm not a gourmet by any stretch but a good middle of the road cook. :P

Btw, Val kitty is doing well on the hyperthyroid medication but we're still considering the radiation treatment.
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Oh, good news about Val! Is she taking the tablets well? (they are tablets, yes?) I'm happy to hear she's responding to the treatment. :)
Tannat 4 months ago
Excellent news about Val kitty!

But I have to add...exploding rice??
Person Of Interest 4 months ago
@MbD: Yes, he is. We're crushing the tablet and adding it to his food which he's been mostly eating without a problem. I've been doing some research into feline hyperthyroidism and have switched from iodine rich fish based canned food to chicken, turkey and beef flavors as well. It may help bring his T4 levels down naturally.

@Tannat: Yup, the rice and wine stuffing built up enough stream to explosively spew out of the chicken and make a real mess of the oven. I think I used too much wine. lol
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Oops... sorry Val! - guilty of name bias. And *he* gets extra points for taking the crushed tablet in his food. :)
Person Of Interest 4 months ago
It's short for Valentino. He's a super affectionate lover boy. :)