Darth Pony 4 months ago
Ooooh, I have vacation envy! You got to ride a camel! :D

P.S. The urge to make a pun is too strong to ignore, so apologies in advance for what I'm going to say next:

R.I.P. your good jeans. *ducks and runs*
Murder by Death 4 months ago
ROFL... no ducking or running necessary, I love a good pun - and the bad ones are even better. :D
Murder by Death 4 months ago
(The camels were awesome!)
BrokenTune 4 months ago
These are gorgeous!! The punky pigeon is amazing! So are the others.
Are you sure that your home is complete without a little dragon?
Murder by Death 4 months ago
omg...no! lol... She was hilarious and sort of cute, and yes, it would be a kick to say I owned a dragon, but I draw the line at anything that eats its food alive.

Although it's just occurred to me that we have mammals, birds, fish and insects - we're only missing reptiles... no, no, no - lalalala....
(and thanks! :) )
Elentarri's Book Blog 4 months ago
My aunt had a bearded dragon (someone tossed him out). It used to sit under his IR lamp with one of her cats. My only problem is feeding them live crickets and then cockroaches when they get bigger.
Elentarri's Book Blog 4 months ago
PS: I'm sure you have lizards or geckos in the garden? That way you have "pet" reptiles without having to make special arrangements for them.
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Yes! We do! Thank you for thinking of that - I'm totally going to use that logic. :)

(I can't do the feeding live insects part either - MT and I struggle just giving mealworms to the chickens as a super treat.)
Elentarri's Book Blog 4 months ago
Those are lovely photographs! The trip sounds wonderful. :)
For some reason, every single bearded dragon I have come across has tried to crawl down my shirt!
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Thanks! and it would seem that bearded dragons are a bit pervy? hehehe
What a fantastic trip. And that is one bad-ass pigeon!
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Isn't he? That spike on his head just makes me laugh every time I see it.
Portable Monsters 4 months ago
Wow! This sounds like an amazing trip, and I love your photos. The birds are pretty cool, but I think the reptiles are even better.
Murder by Death 4 months ago
I was partial to the reptiles too - mostly because you can get up close and sometimes hold them. There were also two blue-tongued lizards I got to visit with, and three snakes - no, four (one was a venomous king brown that was only viewed from a distance, of course) but I didn't include their pics (trying to walk that fine line of 'interesting' vs. 'omg... someone else's holiday pics', and I didn't want to ick out anyone afraid of snakes).
Portable Monsters 4 months ago
I like (nonvenomous) snakes. Just no spiders, please!
This sounds and looks like you had a blast. I adore the honeyeater ... and boy, do I remember the zebra finches. They're such a total riot. And that eagle is simply breathtaking! Love all of those images, though, really ...

P.S. I'm also glad to hear the camel rides don't seem to have wreaked havoc with your back.
Murder by Death 4 months ago
No, my back was great (except for a different back problem I've had since I was a teen and that only bothers me when I walk too much - ibuprofen takes care of that). It was just my wardrobe that took a beating, lol.

Actually, that's not *quite* true - I have one bruise on my arm from the Segway which didn't show up until later and isn't even sore - and a scrape with a lovely bruise all 'round it from the camel saddle buckle. That one is healing nicely but does sting a bit. ;-)

We were more worried about MT on the camels; we never know what's going to cause his joints to flare up, but the camels were VERY easy riding - because we were in a train, they were slow, and the ride ends up being much smoother than a horse. The mount/dismount and when they stand up/kneel down are the roughest parts of the ride (and MT came out with his joints - and his pants - intact).
MikeDI 4 months ago
Great pictures, Thank You for sharing them. Nice to know a fellow bird lover.
Murder by Death 4 months ago
I'm having a lot of fun trying to see how many native species I can spot when I travel around Australia, even though they frustrate me and my attempts to photograph them a great deal of the time. :)
Wow hat looks truly stunning and amazing , I'm glad you had such great time. Thanks for sharing theses amazing pictures with us
Just a book blog 4 months ago
Great pictures! The trip sounds amazing :-)
Char's Horror Corner 4 months ago
Wow, it looks like you had an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing!
Person Of Interest 4 months ago
Super pictures! Glad you and MT had a fabulous time and we got to experience it vicariously. :) Like Themis, I was thinking, oh my goodness, I hope the camel ride and Segway mishap didn't do your back in. And inquiring minds want to know: were you wearing your good underwear? lol
Murder by Death 4 months ago
ROFL... yes, I was! and luckily they did not go the way of my jeans (the buckle caught just below).

As I told TA above, the camels were super easy on the body; I was worried about the Segway crash at first not because of my back but because the only part I felt when I finally hit the ground was a shoulder muscle (from not letting go of the Segway handle soon enough), and I thought that might cause problems later, but no; other than some soreness that could just as easily be attributed to me climbing all over the rocks, and a small bruise on my arm, I was totally fine. The fall itself was a very slow, reluctant and undignified one. :)
Bark at the Ghouls 4 months ago
Thanks for sharing your pictures. It looks like a fantastic trip!
Murder by Death 4 months ago
Thanks everyone for being so kind and appreciative. :)
Wanda's Book Reviews 4 months ago
Awesome! What a great get away!
Rachel's books 4 months ago
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing.