Hah. So do I! And now I totally have to have this, of course. (Have I mentioned in the last 48 hours that I'm going to blame it all on you if my books eventually crowd me out of my own home?)
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Nope, but I suspect my books and your books will eventually not only crowd us out, but, if we aim them in the right direction, build a land bridge (book bridge) between here and Germany. :D

It's a fun book, as I said, I'm about half way through it (each lists is followed by a short bit of text by the author describing the list's origin, etc. and there's going to be some googling in my future, if not for books, for the book lists he mentions.
(((A book bridge!!))) Now there's an idea ...
Murder by Death 2 months ago
I think, relative to air travel, we could even argue it would be environmentally friendly, seeing as how books are one of the best man made carbon locks. I wonder if we could qualify for government subsidies...
Well, in any event I now have a(nother) excellent reason to buy more books. A quick calculation based on average figures for width and length told me that lining up all the books I own next to each other would get me to somewhere in Bavaria (if lined up by width) -- or Austria (if lined up by length). Not that that wouldn't be a good start, but it's still a far cry from "I'll meet you halfway." So yeah. Government subsidies ....
Darth Pony 3 months ago
Haha! I read Francis's quote and said, "It me!" It's nice to know I have something in common with Charles Darwin. ;)
"So it goes." 3 months ago
I just ordered this from the UK - looks awesomely fun to play with! and the Darwin quote is so lovely!
Murder by Death 3 months ago
It is - even if I don't end up with a huge list of new books to read (HA!), I've got several search engine rabbit holes to fall down because of this book.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Ah....Darwin. :D
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I know - I keep thinking he'd have made the coolest grandpa. :D
Person Of Interest 2 months ago
Oooh, this does sound like fun! And I'm sure some of my views are ancient. :P