Elentarri's Book Blog 3 months ago
That's a lovely collection of new editions for your library. Now where are you going to put them all? ;)

Can you tell us some more about the Shark and Ocean book please. Those look juicy and colourful?
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I did a short review of the Shark book ... let me find it... here:

It's an amazing pop-up book, with mini-pop-up-pages within pages, within pages.

The Ocean book. I haven't reviewed it because I don't know how and do it justice. It uses holograms - AMAZING holograms that look a lot like Harry Potter come to life and somehow they're triggered by just turning the pages - no having to rock the book/page back and forth to see them move. It's part of a series and had I not discovered it at the tail end of the trip, I'd have likely bought all of them; I couldn't stop playing with them.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
As to where I"m going to put them: I have no. bloody. idea. Did I mention I have to make this room a useable guest room in less than 5 weeks for a visiting friend?

I need to fire off an emergency SOS with the bookshelf fairy...
Elentarri's Book Blog 3 months ago
Good luck with that.
I don't know, if your friend is anything like me, they might think they'd be sleeping in paradise
Murder by Death 3 months ago
She claims to be, though she'd probably appreciate their being enough room for the air mattress. :D
Elentarri's Book Blog 3 months ago
Couch?
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Cat allergy. Couches are leather, but the cats would see a sleeping stranger, know intuitively that she's allergic, and go wave their tails in her face all night. Plus, the lounge is part of a great room with the kitchen, so not much privacy.
Darth Pony 3 months ago
Can confirm this happens. I'm allergic to cats. At a sleepover, my friend and her mom swore the cat never went into the family room where we were sleeping. I woke up in the middle of the night with a cat curled up on my face.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
It's uncanny how they just KNOW.
Oh my! Those are a LOT of books! The annotated Sherlock ones look so lovely. What's in the black and lime box?
Murder by Death 3 months ago
The black and lime box is a super fancy shoe box that I used to transport mass market paperbacks in, because they fit *perfectly*. It's empty at the time of the photos though. :)
I saw, but the fit was so perfect I though it was a set *grin*
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Oh, ha! I forgot that first photo still had the books in the box! :D
XOX 3 months ago
Lovely choices of books to add to your library.
Thanks XOX. :)
Darth Pony 3 months ago
That was as glorious and epic as I hoped it would be. Thank you for sharing! (And good luck with the guest room conversion!)
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I'm glad I did not disappoint. :D Thank you for letting me share and not thinking I'm batshit insane (which is what my in-laws will think).

Now, hopefully the books are worth it (ie not bombs).
Darth Pony 3 months ago
My in-laws don't get my bibliophilia either. I bought seven books when I went shopping with my MIL and she, after knowing me and seeing how I live nearly every day for the last decade, said "That'll keep you busy until this time next year!"

Ack! Yes, I hope you didn't get any bombs. I know from experience that bad books feel that much more insulting after you've lugged them across the planet.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
How did you keep it together?? I'd have failed. I'd have either laughed until I choked, or said something unspeakably horrible like "Are you crazy?"... o_O
Darth Pony 3 months ago
I didn't keep it together. I made some remark about how I supposed it could possibly be next year before I got around to reading them, and then slightly hysterical giggles plagued me all the way home. XD
So. Much. Goodness.

And I love Easter cat's contribution. One look of "you're not effin' serious, are you?!" and in another picture "I'm so outta here ..."

Anytime you want to do a buddy read of one of Ellis Peters's Felse Investigations, let me know ... I have all of them in 4 neat, used but as-yet unread-by-me (cough) omnibus editions. Of course I'd also be up for a Cadfael buddy read -- some of those you have are among the series entries that I've only ever read once (though "The Sanctuary Sparrow" is one of my all-time favorites in the series).

And tell MT I'm looking forward to his review of Connelly's "Dark Sacred Night". :D
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I bought the Fell's on a whim knowing nothing at all about them, so I don't know if I even have the first one, though if it's not necessary to read them in order that don't matter so much (for some reason, I don't mind reading old series out of order; I think it's because there's less stress on character development?) - so yeah, I'd love to buddy read with you. I'd be up for a Cadfael buddy read too, though I'm still just a few books in (3, I think?) so if you'd rather wait until I get to a certain point, that would be cool too.

I already told MT that when I gave him the book ("this one isn't even out yet - you have no excuse not to review it!"), but he doesn't want to start it yet because he doesn't want to do the waiting forever for the next one bit. ::rolling eyes:: I'm pretty sure nobody's ever had to wait forever for another Connelly book.
SO. MANY books ......WOW that is awesome and. Enjoy them :)
Tannat 3 months ago
15 minutes? Wow.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
You have to see him to believe it. It's obscene. I think his personal record is 12 books in 10 minutes. He's hell to go to a bookstore with; I haven't even made it past the new release table and he's done.
Oooooooh! I am absolutely green with envy at that stash. The look on Easter Cat's face leads me to think you may have put some books in her beanbag.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
It was me in the beanbag and she was not happy. I got that shot off a second before she climbed up on the edge of the beanbag and started yelling at me. A high pitched reprimand for messing up her favorite napping spot.

This stash should keep me busy for quite a while. :)
JL's Bibliomania 3 months ago
Happy reading!
I think I got a contact high from those pictures. Giddy with the goodness. Enjoy!
Ani's Book Abyss 3 months ago
Oh my, those are so awesome! And 'The Snark Bible' hehe. Definitely best sister-in-law gift ever! Happy Reading!
Murder by Death 3 months ago
I can't wait to read it - it looks tailor made for me. :D
Char's Horror Corner 3 months ago
Darth Pony already said it all: Glorious and epic! WOW! :)
I no longer feel so bad about how many books I have.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Never feel bad for how many books you have (as you've likely heard before), but yeah. I freely admit at the moment it is excessive. But every one of them is a book I'd like to read and if any of them aren't good, they won't stay. And once I figure out how to put them away neatly, they'll be my personal zen space. Until then ... not so zen, lol. But it'll happen. :)
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Holy WOW!!!

Did MT pick up The Elements of Murder or was that stack one of yours that was just sort of hiding behind his?
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Hiding behind his - I bought it after you read it and it's at the top of one of my 'overflow' stacks. :p
Obsidian Blue 3 months ago
WOW!
I can only add another "WOW!"
Jennifer's Books 3 months ago
WOW! That is amazing!!
My Never Ending List 3 months ago
Fantastic! I love all the variety you got. I think you're set for a few months :)
Rachel's books 3 months ago
Thanks for sharing your book haul!