Lillelara 2 weeks ago
That looks delicious :). And I‘m a bit jealous about the avocado tree in your garden. Northern Europeans only get the boring stuff like apples, pears, cherries and prunes.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
We have those too (not the prunes though - and our pears are only ornamental dammit) - and for this Floridian, the apples and cherries are totally exotic. :D (I share my apples, apricots and nectarines - but the cherries are ALL MINE ::grin::).

We're still getting the hang of the avocado trees (we have two) because where we live they have to spend a LOT of time on the tree before they can be picked. Which is both useful and tricky; we have a heard time knowing which ones are the 'new' avocados and which are the 'old' ones. BUT... doesn't matter: it's magic having them, and they're SOOOO much better than the Haas that turn black inside.
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Yum! That looks so good.
They'd count as my favorite dish for sure -- I love burritos.

And that's what I call efficient cooperation. MT brings them home, you both enjoy them, and you both get to collect points for them ...!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Well... he hasn't posted his pics yet. >:-)
BrokenTune 2 weeks ago
Oh, and I meant to ask: What's in your pico de gallo?
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
We use heirloom cherry tomatoes (taste *and* festive colors!), lime, chilli pepper, red onion, and coriander/cilantro (I can't say 'cilantro' hear b/c nobody knows what it is). Everything to taste (though I generally use half a lime for a small bowl; the other half goes on the chopped avocados).

I have no idea if it makes a huge difference, but I do the lime/coriander/chilli first, so they can 'steep' together while I'm chopping the onions and tomatoes - I'm VERY slow with the knife, so they all get to do their fusion thing for at least 5-10 minutes.
Looks so good! Tacos would probably be my favorite too, simply because there can be so many variations.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Yes! I had minced chicken with beans last weekend; a combination I never would have tried (this was while babysitting the nieces in Sydney) but it was DELICIOUS. When I asked my SIL about it she admitted it was chicken mince, taco seasoning, and BAKED BEANS OUT OF A CAN! I can't even... but she explained it was a happy accident that occurred while camping and baked beans was all she could get ahold of. Everyone loved it so much she stuck with it.
Ani's Book Abyss 2 weeks ago
I'm also kind of jealous about the avocado tree in your garden. I'm not really a burrito fan, but that certainly does look appealing.