BrokenTune 4 weeks ago
Is there really such a thing as being behind on a BL Buddy Read? We've all started at different times and read/are reading at different speeds. And I'm still at a stage where I'm re-reading bits for digestion.

Your day out hiking sounds absolutely marvellous!
Murder by Death 4 weeks ago
It really was marvellous - just what I needed, and we were blessed with weather that could not be improved upon, so it was just about perfect. :)
Murder by Death 4 weeks ago
(Of course, now I feel like I've been run over by a large steamroller, but it's worth it. :D )
Darth Pony 4 weeks ago
Ugh, 40 hours in 4 days would kill me. I applaud your decision to chuck it all for a day and take a hike. You deserve perfect weather and coastal rain forests!
Murder by Death 4 weeks ago
Thank you DP - it was gorgeous yesterday. Did you know we have a Redwood Forest here in Victoria? It's so cool!
Darth Pony 4 weeks ago
I did not! I'll put it on my list of "Places to Go if We Ever Go Anywhere" along with Uluru and Clunes and Bakery with Custard Doughnuts. :D
Murder by Death 4 weeks ago
One of these years we should BOTH get to Clunes! It seems fundamentally wrong that we haven't gotten there yet. :p
Darth Pony 4 weeks ago
Agreed.
Your past week sounds crazy ... even without narcolepsy, that kind of schedule is bound to produce "when I stop [whatever], I fall asleep" results. That trip down to the coast sounds just perfect to get away from it all, though!

I hope "Excellent Women" continues to be what you want / need at the moment.
Murder by Death 4 weeks ago
Yeah, it's been a drastic change from my 'hurry up and wait' days. I hope in a month or so things will calm down a lot, but in the meantime I'm struggling a bit.

I need to do another update as I have made SOME progress, though not as much as I'm used to making when I pick up a book. :-/
You mean sometimes your body slows you down to mere human reading speeds? That's comforting to hear, actually ... :)
Murder by Death 4 weeks ago
Ha - I read slower than MT does (which drives my competitive self nuts), it's just that when I do sit down to read, I tend to go for marathon-ish stretches of time. Or, I used to anyway. :p