Debbie's Spurts 9 years ago
I felt about the same. I keep meaning to pick up the next book...but that ending!
Murder by Death 9 years ago
I ordered the next two books this morning. I think the first half of the second book is going to be painful, until Bones makes his reappearance. I hope I'm right that the series dramatically improves from here.
Murder by Death 9 years ago
How completely bizarre! I never noticed that before! Thanks for mentioning it - I'll change my blog layout. And thanks for the likes. :)
Degrees of Affection 9 years ago
Have you ever read the next book? I'm one the fence about trying this series; I don't tend to read these but I'm trying to branch out after Written in Red. Your review has me on the fence about this.
Murder by Death 9 years ago
No, the second book is still sitting in The Pile, because I am also still on the fence. I keep looking at it, then selecting a different book. :D
Degrees of Affection 9 years ago
I'll keep an eye out...but for now I think my pile's too large for this. I may revisit it later.
Debbie's Spurts 9 years ago
I'm starting "Written In Red" (well pausing until after a just downloaded off library waitlist ebook); I'm not sure why anyone would compare the Night Huntress or The Others to the Mercy Thompson books other than genre classifications like paranormal or urban fantasy. All three series, writing style, worldbuilding, atmosphere, story arcs and characters to me are very unique (although I haven't finished Written in Red yet).
Degrees of Affection 9 years ago
I've not seen them compared like that. I was interested in this because I simply don't read paranormal or urban fantasy that doesn't have at least a hint of mystery to it. (Even the Jaz Parks series, which I love, has mysteries in them.) So I'm trying to find another series that I might like as much as Written in Red but that isn't necessarily mystery.