Seems to be a book to add to my Mount Bookarest I think. Have your read her Domestic Diva Mysteries Series? I recently bought some books of this series but havenĀ“t started to read them yet. I always get sidetracked by other books - this happens way to often. I have bought entire series but there is so little time to read - I fear I have to wait till my retirement to be able to read them all...
Murder by Death 9 years ago
I have and have read all her Domestic Diva series too, yes. I like them and I'd recommend them, but again, I don't *love* them, although they're definitely getting better with each book.

Until recently, I was really up-to-date with my TBR and it mostly remained a little hill - sometimes even a speed bum, but lately - yeah it's getting intimidatingly large and my intake is really exceeding my reading. Plus, I've been on a bit of a re-reading tear and that's not helping.
Murder by Death 9 years ago
You're right, I did enjoy it, but I didn't fall into it, if that makes sense? I like Krista Davis' writing, but I think she tends to start off slow, character-wise, and for me, at least, it takes a few of her books to get me really caring about the characters. I definitely recommend her to cozy lovers though.
Rane Aria 9 years ago
I'm in the same boat with you.I liked it but didn't "love" it. Although let's not forget the crazy topper on the cake with the text message proposal from her longtime BF!
I see her getting together with her old crush - maybe?-
Murder by Death 9 years ago
Lol, exactly! I kept waiting to find out the proposal was a joke, or a weird spell check error. The whole thing just came across weird.

I agree, I think the old crush, Holden?, is going to be the new love interest. It'll be interesting to see how the author gets him out of his current engagement.
Rane Aria 9 years ago
I didn't know if I should laugh or headdesk when I came across that part. I felt it was pretty weak as a whole. She was thinking of spending her life with this guy (who comes across as a weak side character anyways always getting con by the ex-gf) But she was willing to toss him to the curve if Holden gave her the green light..that dropped a star overall in my rating
Murder by Death 9 years ago
I think this is part of why I consider Krista Davis a slow starter; her Diva series started out (for me) much the same way, but strengthened with each book.