Rane Aria 9 years ago
Been on the fence with HR mysteries and haven't felt drawn to them this though sounds like something I like to check out.
Degrees of Affection 9 years ago
Not heard of this before reading the comments on Moonlight Reader's historical mystery post; I still have to write down the various series. I'm checking out your review of the first book and I'll see if my library has it. It sounds interesting.
I'm also interested to see what you think of A Monstrous Regiment of Women, when you finish it.
Murder by Death 9 years ago
I'm enjoying it so far, although like I said, not as much as the first: not enough Sherlock! I really like Mary Russell, but I'd rather read about them working together more as a team. I'm not sure how far I am into the book since it's audio, but I think I'm more than halfway.
Degrees of Affection 9 years ago
He comes in a bit more later on.
Murder by Death 9 years ago
Yeah, I've just gotten to the scene where Mary is in the cellar. I'm not liking it at all and since it's Audio, I can't just skim it! lol
Degrees of Affection 9 years ago
It's not a fun scene. I does however strengthen parts of their relationship; at least I think they come to understand each other a bit better. It's rarely said outright with the two of them.
bookaneer 9 years ago
That is quite a name. Is it explained at all?
Murder by Death 9 years ago
You mean the title? Yes, the Gentleman Thief plays a part in the plot. If you're referring to India's name, her family history is explained in drips and drabs throughout the four books and novella's - or her lack of family history I should say. A sub-plot of the series arc is her search for information regarding where she came from.
bookaneer 9 years ago
Heh, yeah, I meant the name. "India Black." Along with all the other allusions, it sounds like a colour of ink.
And then you throw "French" in... sounds like an international incident waiting to happen.
Murder by Death 9 years ago
You're right - it's a very descriptive name. The mystery of French's first name spans over a book or two. I don't think the author can be accused of info-dumping. :D