Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Interesting. I will say the cover fits in well with the Disney-esque element. It kinda reminds you of that as well.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Exactly. The cover is gorgeous, but it manages to both fit the book and short-change it at the same time.
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
I'll admit, if I were merely looking at it on a shelf, I'd glance right over it. Not sure it's entirely me anyway, but I'll keep my eye on it.

Oh, I'm so annoyed! The library's copy of the next book in the Magical Cats series is missing! I'm trying to figure out whether to request a copy or ask Husband if he'll let me get a copy on my Nook so I can read it!
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Oh, that sucks! If I was a Nook person (a Nooker? heh!) I'd lend you my copy! :)

InterLibrary Loan?
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll have to do that. I haven't checked the price yet on Nook but not really planned on book expenditures for a bit. I need to do a couple of posts on the rest of book hauls I've gotten recently. We went to drop books off at the library Sat. and...there was a book sell. Thankfully it was the last day and so they were doing their bag deal - $5 a bag and fill it with books.

We did.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Also, I don't know if it's one you'd like or not. I struggled with the concept at the beginning of the series; as I said, it was just too cutesy. But her books are really well written. I'd say, if you're at the library and you stumble across one of her books - just read the first chapter and see what you think.
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Oh man! I miss those sales!!!! i can't wait to see what you got... I have to live vicariously through my book friends when it comes to really cheap books.
Degrees of Affection 8 years ago
I'll post them as soon as possible then. I'm quite excited by them...and husband found some books he's quite interested in.
Rane Aria 8 years ago
I really glad Blake didn't run with something predictable and even if this was a light cozy it did have some heavy depth to it that left me thinking long after I turned the last page
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Exactly! She was really able to address grief, loss, guilt, etc. without making the reader depressed and entertaining them at the same time.
Reflections 8 years ago
I didn't know Heather Webber was publishing under another name--I'll have to check this out!
Murder by Death 8 years ago
Yes, she has this series and another new one about a potion making witch in Alabama under the Blake name. There is only one Potion book out so far, but it was a good start, so I'm confident it will be another must-have series for me. :)