Lillelara 3 weeks ago
Lol. Thanks for the laugh :). That trailer pretty much sums it up.
BrokenTune 3 weeks ago
Hahahaha.
Jessica (HDB) 3 weeks ago
Yes! Yes yes yes! This movie was a trainwreck. If Wonder Woman hadn't come in to kick ass, I would have been even less pleased than I was. Even my hubby felt bad for dragging me to this movie. LOL.
Lillelara 3 weeks ago
Lol, your husband should feel very bad about it ;). Trainwreck, indeed. I´m so glad I didn´t spend money on a movie ticket.
Darth Pony 3 weeks ago
In the lead up to this movie's theatrical release, my biggest worry was Gal Gadot not being able to act her way out of a paper bag. And then she rocked it. Silly me, I should have been worried about the worst Lex Luthor in Superman movie history, a polished turd of a script, and a director who seemed to suddenly decide pretty cinematography was more important than storytelling. It's faint praise indeed, but at least I can say I thought it was better than Suicide Squad.
Lillelara 3 weeks ago
Suicide Squad is even more worse? How is that even possible?

And Jesse Eisenberg was so bad as Lex Luthor. I totally forgot about him, mainly because I decided to shut my eyes and not listening to him whenever he came on the screen. I can´t stand insufferable twits.

Suicide Squad was quite lovely from a visual stance.

There was very little substance to the characters or plot and generally just felt forced. I spent parts of the movie making dinner or doing dishes (I can see the TV in the living room from the sink) and at a few points came back to the living room with "I assume that even though I couldn't hear anything for the past 10 minutes means I still haven't missed anything of any significance?" The answer was always to affirm that statement. Most of the characters were about as token participants as you could get.

I, with some reservations, liked Harley. I don't like the New 52 backstory incorporation (though they gave her a little more self determination than I expected), and it would have been nice if she'd been written less as an eye candy role... but I don't see that ever happening in a Harley role. I cannot stand Leto as Joker though, if I say the movie felt forced that's an understatement to how I felt about the Joker. It never convinced me as a character or role, always felt like it was going "look, see how shocking I am" without any substance.
Saturdays in Books 3 weeks ago
Agreed on all points, Libromancer's Apprentice. Can you imagine how good Suicide Squad would have been if they'd committed to making a villainous buddy comedy about Harley and Deadshot, and dropped half the cast (including the Joker)?
Darth Pony 3 weeks ago
OMG, yes to everything LA and SiB said. I can't even look at Leto anymore. Suicide Squad was a huge missed oportunity and a sad case of style over substance. The plot was the first thing to die in the movie, but hey! Oscar for best makeup! :p