BrokenTune 2 months ago
I have read none of them, but would be intrigued by the Simmons if it wasn't too long. I hear Simmons can be overly wordy.
YouKneeK 2 months ago
I’ve read the “Do Androids Dream” book. It was pretty entertaining, with a few flaws. My complaints were mostly in the area of loose ends and I was never bored while I was reading it.

The other two are on my TBR and I’ve heard good things about them. I suspect you probably couldn’t go wrong with either of the three. “Do Androids” has the advantage of being a standalone book whereas the other two, if you like them, will increase your TBR if you like them well enough to read the rest of the series. :)
Portable Magic 2 months ago
I haven't read any of these, but I do have the Scalzi on my own TBR list, so I'd like to see what you think of it.
Familiar Diversions 2 months ago
I've read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, but it was ages ago and apparently didn't make much of an impression when I first read it, because I can't remember anything about it. I remember more about the movie based on it.
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
I haven't read any of these - I am pretty sure that Obsidian loved Old Man's War. Also, Wanda described Hyperion thus: "Canterbury Tales in space. With the plotting of Agatha Christie" With that recommendation, I'd probably go with Hyperion. It looks like Char liked that one, too.
The one of those I've read is Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? which is a good read.
Tannat 2 months ago
I've read Hyperion and Old Man's War. I didn't really like Old Man's War but lots of people do, so I'd say go with it if you're looking for a quick read. Otherwise I'd recommend Hyperion but lots of people are frustrated with the end because they feel they need to continue into the next book right away (it's hard to explain without spoilers...it's not a cliffhanger but a lot of people get frustrated by it). But yeah, it's basically Canterbury Tales in Space.
Lillelara 2 months ago
Thank you all :). I forgot about the Hyperion - Canterbury Tale - connection. I have read the Canterbury Tales a couple of weeks ago, so I think I will pick up Hyperion for that reason alone.
Tannat 2 months ago
Hope you enjoy it! It's all split up into different tales, so even if you don't like some of them, you may like others. You'll have to let us know what your favourite winds up being.