Those potatoes sound delicious to me, actually, lol
Lillelara 2 months ago
If you like the taste of tomate purèe, then this dish might actually be for you :)
Anything tomato I like :D
Wyvernfriend Reads 2 months ago
agreed, that looks like something to try...
Love tomatoes!

That dish looks pretty good. Now, lutfisk on the other hand...
Murder by Death 2 months ago
lutfisk is a crime against humanity and fish.
It is vile.

I say that as a Swedish American.
Lillelara 2 months ago
I have never tried lutfisk and I probably never will. That sounds disgusting as well.
All these reactions made me look it up... that sounds absolutely disgusting. Right up there with natto and that french cheese with larvae
BrokenTune 2 months ago
So,

1. Svensk Pølseret looks an awful lot like something my mum used to make when I was little. Except, she left out the potatoes, added ketchup and served it with rice.

2. Romantic Suspense. ugh. I've been looking my shelves up and down, spent an lot of time on GR and Amazon, and basically spend most of today thinking about what book to read for that square. I originally thought Du Maurier, but don't feel like starting Frenchman's Creek.

Did you have any other options for this one?
I'm having trouble with that one too. I'm likely to go with a Stewart too, to try, but it's a genre I just pick on the fly, not something I usually have in my tbr so I don't forget
Lillelara 2 months ago
Ketchup. We used that a lot, too, when I was a child. Pasta with ketchup being one of the classics :)

I considered a Susanna Kearsley for this, but then I wasn´t so sure if her books are a match for the romantic suspense genre. And I have to admit that I´m glad that I have choosen the Mary Stewart. So far it´s pretty good and I love the Greek setting.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Can you get Phyllis A Whitney at your library BT? If so, try to see if they have Window on the Square (it's not in ebook form yet). It's romantic suspense and it's good - I think you'll like it, or at least not dislike it. :)
BrokenTune 2 months ago
My library has 3 Whitneys:

Spindrift,
Thunder Heights, and
A Long Time Coming.

Are any of them any good?
Murder by Death 2 months ago
HA! I haven't read any of those. But I think someone here has recently read Spindrift - Lynda? or Moonlight Reader?

Whitney can be hit or miss; when she's good, she's great, when she's not so good... meh. That's why I recommended Window on the Square, it's a good one. Bummer it's a hard to find one. :|
BrokenTune 2 months ago
LoL! I even thought about rereading Rebecca or Carol. At least I know I like these two. (And Rebecca is a "different" Du Maurier...)
Ani's Book Abyss 2 months ago
I think I didn't care much for The Crystal Cave either, but went ahead to read The Moonspinners later because it sounded interesting. And I definitely enjoyed it a lot! The ratio of romance to suspense leaned more towards suspense, I think. At least, I felt like the romance was less the focus.

I'm planning on another Mary Stewart book for bingo: Nine Coaches Waiting. I think this would be considered romantic suspense too, as another option for everyone--I'm reading it for the Gothic square.