RedT Reads Randomly 3 years ago
Hey, E. just reblogged this, so I came by to say "Hey!" And to follow your blog.
Sarah's Library 3 years ago
That's why I'm here too, so "Hi! I like that March is going to partially be a Stephen King month, with two of his books on the list."
Drawing with Words 3 years ago
Hi, thanks for the follows. Indeed March is King month lol. I need to add more of his titles to the list. Any recomendations?
Lornographic Material 3 years ago
I recommend you get off your ass and get to reading faster. I'm WAY ahead of you, slim bob. :P
Drawing with Words 3 years ago
For now Sandman. Gotta let you get that false sense of security before I crush you under the weight of the books I've read.
Sarah's Library 3 years ago
I found Misery particularly disturbing in high school (and probably more so now, considering some of the reader/author situations that have been happening); Insomnia was mostly strange, not really scary or creepy; and The Dead Zone was okay, but suffered from me being a big fan of the tv series (which was nothing like the book or the movie).
Lornographic Material 3 years ago
MISERY is a must read from him. One of his shorter, but no less amazing, works. INSOMNIA is much better if you've read the Dark Tower series. I've always been on the fence with THE DEAD ZONE. I've read it twice. The first time I hated it, but the second time was a solid three-star read for me, if I remember my review correctly.
Sarah's Library 3 years ago
I haven't read the Dark Tower series, so once I have I'll give Insomnia another go. I also gave The Dead Zone three stars, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would after watching the series.
Drawing with Words 3 years ago
I read the first two books of the Dark Tower series. I enjoyed them and need to get back to the series. I also enjoyed The Mist. The movie kinda pissed me off after having read the book.
Lornographic Material 3 years ago
I loved both the book and film versions of THE MIST. I especially loved the ending of the movie, because I'm fucked up like that :)
RedT Reads Randomly 3 years ago
Insomnia is one of my favorites, and I haven't read the Dark Tower. But I had had about a three year stint of severe insomnia myself, and while I was reading the book, it felt like King had been in my head. I had had some of the very same experiences he described, and it was like, Here is someone who gets it! It was incredible and sustaining, and I still hug the book to me when the need arises.
Lornographic Material 3 years ago
Most of that book came from King's withdrawal from alcohol and cocaine period. He suffered severe insomnia for almost three years straight.
Drawing with Words 3 years ago
Note to self: take the cocain addiction off my bucket list.
Lornographic Material 3 years ago
Note to self: send Linton a brick of Columbia's finest and a lifetime supply of Unisom.