KindleRomance 6 years ago
Wow! I can only read one story at a time. I have a few anthologies started, but I have to finish a story in it before starting something else. I would get way too confused otherwise!! I envy you!
Mammarella 6 years ago
And I envy you! I can't concentrate on one book, like you. Because of that I sometimes end up with books collecting dust on my "currently reading" shelf.
Ilhem 6 years ago
I'd rather read a story at a time, but sometimes, my attention won't be content with one book. I've had 5 currently reading books, lately! Some of them will end as DNF.:)
Mammarella 6 years ago
Dreamlands has been on your current shelf for a long time, right? It's very confusing in the beginning, but it picks up later on. I ended up loving it :)
Mammarella 6 years ago
Some stories are too long for me and I need a simple break because of "a lot of the same".
Some stories turn out to be too mellow and I need a little boost before finishing them.
Some, like Burn, I am tempted to DNF, but it's for one of my challenges, plus I only have 15% left. In a way I am just prolonging the agony, I know :D
Some time a mood strikes me and I pick a new book just for the fun of it :)
KindleRomance 6 years ago
When I can't concentrate anymore, I just hop on the internet or research new books to read or play with my calibre library. I could never keep multiple books' characters straight. I'd like to blame my age, but I've been like that for a long time:-D
Mammarella 6 years ago
I go online to find new books, too. But then - OMG! - I could be reading! @.@

But for me it's been like that also since I was a kid. I blame school for its mandatory book "recommendations". The only one we agreed upon was Shakespeare.