Georgiana 4 years ago
Wow. That's a ton of shifter books. (And I hit unfollow, which I thought was going to be dashboard, by accident. Back to follow though. : )
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
I had no idea I had read that many shifter books and had that many more in my TBR until I made the list. It kind of boggled me. I also had no idea you unfollowed me, so I guess we only get follow notices. That will make for less drama I think.
Tackling Mt. TBR 4 years ago
That list is impressive. I like shifters a lot, but I will admit that the weirder they are the more likely I am to pick them up. I've read monkeys, possums and even a hamster (all m/m.) I haven't found as many odd shifters in m/f (although I do have one in my TBR with a shark shifter! I believe it's by Jodi Redford.)
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
Thank you! It took several hours to compile. I love the unusual ones. I know there is an m/m series with a lot of really odd pairings but I couldn't remember the name of it last night. I've been meaning to add it to my TBR. And I want to read the shark one as well. Oh and I think I read the hamster one. It's a short story, right? And he's bought at a pet store? I remember I read it on a website so I don't have a kindle copy but it was funny and adorable.
Tackling Mt. TBR 4 years ago
Yes, that's the same hamster one I read! It was pretty cute. I can think of two m/m series with really odd pairings: Were Menagerie by Xara X. Xanakas and Kontra's Menagerie by Charlie Richards. Not sure if either of them are the one you were thinking of.
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
Let's try this again ... It's neither of those so now I have 3 to try. :) I found it on a Listopia. It's the midnight ratings series by various authors. Series starts with Joyee Flynn' s Squeak and a Roar. I am intrigued by it because it has pairings that just really should not work. The first is a lion and a mouse. I've read some reviews and the reviewers seem surprised by how good and how non-fluffy it is considering the premise behind it.
Tackling Mt. TBR 4 years ago
I just added the first one to my wishlist. Sounds like my cuppa.
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
I'm glad you c o Ulf find it! Autocorrect screwed up the series name. It's midnight matings, not ratings!
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
Thanks! I hope you find some you like on it. I've been meaning to make that list for a while so thank you for motivating me to get it done.
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
I should go back and edit to point out the ones where the shifters behave most like their a animals. Maybe late tonight I'll do some adding.
I love shifters. The one series that is a must read that is missing is Sazi but Adams and Clark. Here are some other shifter lists on Goodreads to check out as well. Many of these are mine lol: Dragon Shifters, I'll Be Goldilocks! Were Bears and Bear Shifters in Romance, Howl at the Moon: Best Wolf Shifters in Romance, Unusual Shifters in Romance, Best Romance Books with Reptile/Snake Shifters /DNA or Aliens, Purrfect - were-cat books, Bird Shifters in Romance, Canine Shifters in Romance other than Wolves,
Liz Loves Books 4 years ago
That is awesome! Thank you! If you don't mind I'll add all those listopias to the post. I love the unusual ones. And I had not heard of Sazi. I'll add it to my TBR. I have a feeling I'll be updating this regularly.
Yea!! Clearly I have a problem....lol