Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
I cringe during that entire scene. Seriously, it's painful to watch.
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
Pippin is often cringeworthy in the movies. He makes me nuts.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
And yet at times, I really like him. He does gain some strength and courage along the way.
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
Jackson caricatures him a bit, though. He's less overtly awkward and foolish in the book.

Although yes, I love his arc in the movies. He gains a great deal of nobility as a result of his journey.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
He does. Possibly because there's a lot of darkness and you need some humor but Pippin did seemed to become the butt of jokes at times.
I don't care how hot Aragorn looks. I'm afraid I went right off him when I found out he wears a Canadiens jersey under his armour.
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
Hahahahahaha. Thank you for making me LOL!
I could have let it go if was the Red Wings, but not the Habs.
I love Pip's growth in the film. I think he's my favourite hobbit.

I did an extended edition marathon on New Year's Eve. Sam and Daisy got married just at midnight as the fireworks were going off it was lovely.
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
I like them all, Frodo probably the least. I love Merry's courage in working with Eowyn to slay the Witch King, Pippin and his light heart, and Sam and his unwavering loyalty and sacrifice.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Randomly, in case you've never seen it - because Moonlight Reader's commentary reminded me of it:

Premise: what if a tabletop gaming dungeon master has his group play Lord of the Rings? And they argue with and ignore him during key parts? As told with screenshots from the Jackson films and speech bubbles. Funny even if you've never played Dungeons & Dragons.

DM of the Rings:
First one:

And now I have to go reread myself.
Note: this is LONG. The blogger had started doing it just for fun and everyone loved it so he went on with it til the end. Some other bloggers did this with Star Wars screenshots. In that one the backstory is that the player who plays JarJar is someone's 10 year old sister. Which would explain so much.
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
This is funny as hell!
Jessica (HDB) 7 years ago
I'm a Legolas girl myself. *swoon* BUT I also have a massive crush on elves as a whole. They're my favorite fantasy race :).
Sarah's Library 7 years ago
Legolas all the way. I'm a bow and arrow/crossbow kind of girl, that way I can stand back from the fighting and just shoot the bad guys without getting injured myself.
A Voracious Reader 7 years ago
We watched the extended edition box set when it first came out and then I watched all of the extras by myself because no one else wanted to. Dafuq?! Most of that shit was so interesting! I loved Boromir and Eomer, but Sam was the true hero.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
I have a hard time not watching the extras and commentary stuff first!
Abandoned by user 7 years ago
I love that stuff! I'm just enjoying the extra bits right now!
7 years ago
I loved Legolas in the book, but didn't rate orlando Bloom in the role. For starters it was obvious that he wasn't a natural blonde.
A Voracious Reader 7 years ago
I think what I loved most was that they had to make practically *everything* for those movies. Couldn't just run to the nearest Walmart to get what they needed. I think I love the weapon & armor making the best.
Huge fan of the novels. The movies? Not so much. (But I'm glad everyone else seem to love them.)
7 years ago
The facial expressions during that scene are priceless.