Grimlock ♥ Vision 3 months ago
I'm too scared to ask if this is generalness or something in particular - so I won't!
Moonlight Reader 3 months ago
It's related to the indefensible travel ban, which is horrific in its own right, but which may also have been cover to the removal of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence from the the National Security Counsel to replace them with Jared Kushner and Steve Bannon. Our national security is now in the hands of DJT's son-in-law, who, it goes without saying has zero national security experience (or clearance) and a Nazi.
Moonlight Reader 3 months ago
Voldemort has seized control of the U.S. government. We are watching a coup unfold in real time, and the legislative branch is collectively paralyzed.
Tea, Rain, Book 3 months ago
I cried over that ban and what it means to American population, but the protests at the airports around the country gave me some hope.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff decisions chilled me to the bone.
Sassafrass 3 months ago
I cried my tears for America, but today, I'm fighting back. There are too many of us who know this is wrong and if we stand TOGETHER we can fight this. We can not let this be what we are. it's not what has made us the great nation we've been for the last 240 years.
Familiar Diversions 3 months ago
The week before last, I told myself I was going to commit to calling my Senators and Congressman once a week. Last week, I changed my mind and decided to call every day, except for the one day I wasn't even able to get through to voicemail and had to email. I'm to the point where I don't feel like even that's enough, but I don't know what else to do.
Sassafrass 3 months ago
I think that if we all make enough noise, whether that be emailing or calling, get on Twitter, the current president seems to really like that, or whatever we will drive them crazy enough that they have to listen. But also, we have to get people willing to VOTE. They can't be complacent. We all have to have our voices heard in the voting booth because above all these people in Congress want to keep their jobs. Well, they have to know that they aren't going to do that by going against the will of the people. However, if people don't vote, they don't know that it is the will of the people. And they are going to go along thinking that the minority of the people that voted for this president are speaking for all of us. THEY ARE NOT!
Tea, Rain, Book 3 months ago
YES, we need to get the vote out! And not just during national/presidential elections, but the local and state elections as well. A lot of national politicians started at the local/state/school level and worked there way up.
I heard on the news today that the ACLU received donations of some 24 million dollars over this weekend, thanks largely to this ban. My mother and I both called one of our senators, Lyndsay Graham. This is the first time either of us have ever done that.
Moonlight Reader 3 months ago
Who would've thought that Lindsey Graham would end up looking like a statesman in all of this.
I support Lyndsay Graham; the state of SC would send someone far, far worse if he were voted out. I can live with Lyndsay.