Elentarri's Book Blog 3 weeks ago
I'm wondering if I should have played this Bingo game with you. I keep running into books that would have fit all the squares. The fantasy novel I'm reading now is set in a jungle/forest world http://www.ravenoak.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/elven.jpg
It also has dragons for monsters and wizards. The next one in the series has the walking dead.
Obsidian Blue 3 weeks ago
Cool sounding book!
Linda Hilton 3 weeks ago
Oh, oh, oh, I have the perfect book for this! Happy dance, happy dance!!
Obsidian Blue 3 weeks ago
I was so surprised to finally get a call! That ghost call has been mocking me. And I didn't have cozy mystery :-(
Weee! Tana French, here I come!
Obsidian Blue 3 weeks ago
Enjoy! I loved that book!
I'm already in love
Tannat 3 weeks ago
My toughest square!

Just out of curiosity, do you have these square calls all planned out or are you choosing them randomly before posting?
Moonlight Reader 3 weeks ago
Tannat, I randomized them before the game started, and set them all to automatically post. I think that Obsidian Blue did the same thing. I wanted to make sure that they all got posted at the right time!

Having said that, you're not going to be able to identify clues to what's coming up next from my reading because I didn't write down the order, and I'm studiously avoiding going back into draft to see what's coming up next! I had sixteen calls, and I can't remember what they were, much less what order they are in! They are just as much of a surprise to me when they post as they are to the rest of you!
Tannat 3 weeks ago
I wasn't trying to game the system; I was just curious, as I said. :)
Btw, I have a book for this square. It's just that I'm not 100% sure it fits...I guess now I'll find out!
Obsidian Blue 3 weeks ago
Yup we did random calls. Or I did a random number generator and chose them that way. I don't know what MR's calls are and she doesn't know mine. And I purposely didn't check back after my drafts were completed. I have been reading based on mood and when the book is available at the library. Curses to finally reigning myself in on a book budget!
Tannat 3 weeks ago
Book budgets are a necessary evil...
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
I had to get one cause I started dropping a hundred dollars easily every two weeks and my shelves are groaning. Really trying hard to just borrow from the library. I did buy Carmilla, but it was illustrated and only $.99. I had to buy the Tokyo Zodiac Murders too, but that was only $1.99. :-D
Linda Hilton 2 weeks ago
Book budgets are why I have so much crappy free shit, er, stuff on my Kindle. :-(
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
I stopped doing Kindle freebies cause my rage knew no bounds and then I would post a review and get screeched at by an author.
Linda Hilton 2 weeks ago
Oh, my rage still knows no bounds, and the butt hurt authors can kiss my toes. I'm still poor and have to put up with their shitty writing.

Thank goodness I can't turn a blind eye walking through the sale room at the library!
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
Ha! Yeah, I remember back in the day I would hunt the freebie lists and just download about 20 books a day.
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
My book budget now consists solely of keeping MT out of the bookshop. We went last month together and before my eyes had even adjusted to the store lighting, he'd piled 11 books on the counter. We walked out having spent over $400 on books (which I have NEVER, EVER done in my LIFE!) and I thought, "right, I'll be ordering your books for you from now on"). o_O
Obsidian Blue 2 weeks ago
@Murder! Wow!!!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Yeah... took me a while to recover from that one. Won't happen again, that's for sure.
Yay! I have a short one for this square.
My annual re-read of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is going to go on this square. I wasn't planning on starting it until October, though.
Moonlight Reader 2 weeks ago
I am doing Sleepy Hollow for Terror in a Small Town!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Moonlight Reader - Still want to buddy read the Agatha Christie for this one?
Moonlight Reader 2 weeks ago
Yes! I am reading Midnight Riot right now, but could start this one tomorrow!
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
Excellent - it's a plan! (That will allow me to finish my Cozy Mystery square read tonight.)
Moonlight Reader 2 weeks ago
Great! Can't wait!
Tannat 2 weeks ago
Which Agatha Christie are you planning to read?
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
You would ask, lol. The one in my box that has a sticky note that says "dark woods". (I'm at work so I can't look.)
Murder by Death 2 weeks ago
(Shelf search: Endless Night!) :D
Tannat 2 weeks ago
Thanks! I wanted a backup in case The Iron Hand of Mars is not sufficiently foresty once they get to Germany. ;)