Oh no. My husband LOVES this book and is excited about the movie. He read it once and listened to Wil Wheaton do the audio. We are going to see it this week. He was already lamenting the changes he saw in the previews. This does not bode well. I might need that craft beer. LOL How cool are reclining seats at the movie theater? Love it! :)
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
I would tell you take a drink every time that they change something important about the book, but you'd be vomiting at 30 minutes in and dead by the midpoint.
LOL! oh no.
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
It starts with a driving game. I repeat, it starts with a driving game.

That was the moment I knew it was going to be a bumpy ride.
We saw it Friday night. I liked it less than I thought it would. I felt the movie should have been "inspired by" rather than "based on". My husband wasn't thrilled with it. He said, "well they did the best they could do." lol Oh well!
Tannat 2 months ago
Does the movie at least leave out most of the problematic stalkerish stuff?
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
Tannat 2 months ago
Well that at least is positive.
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
Glass half full!
Tannat 2 months ago
That sounds really unlike me :D

Well I wasn't that keen to watch the movie in the first place, because I lack all 80s nostalgia and I found the book to be problematic in some ways....like the stalkerish stuff.
Obsidian Blue 2 months ago
Yeah, I am not seeing this. I figured after I saw the previews it wasn't going to be a good adaption of the book.
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
It's definitely not a good adaptation. There was a good adaptation to be made, but this one is not it.
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
My husband dragged me to this last with the promise of chocolate and cheap tickets. The only thing I had to say about it after was that it felt like it was at least 3 hours long. He loved it. I thought it was as exciting as watching someone play a video game.
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Did you know that's a thing? Watching other people play video games. There's a website for it and apparently people fill stadiums - STADIUMS - for the sole purpose of watching other people play video games.

And my friends wonder why I think kids shouldn't be allowed to use electronics more complicated than a radio until they're in high school.
Rane Aria 2 months ago
@Murder by Death Yup! eSports! (and Twitch channel)Big Money there! It started with the old Street Fighter 2 and EVO, now you have CS_Summit with a cash payout of $150000. Lol (League of Legends) Dota, Hearthstone.

The youngest esports player surpassed the 1 million cash payout mark a few years back at 16 years old!
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Twitch is the big one here. I grew up gaming and understand the appeal of *playing* them. But watching someone else? No judgement, but, well, ok - it makes my eyes roll. (Though I roll my eyes over rabid sports fans too.)
Rane Aria 2 months ago
LOL! Same, hardcore football fans around here. I also grew up on gaming, so I have my favorite gamers, but it tends to be fighting game esports I myself watch. While I tend to play jrpgs or rpgs ;D
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
Yep, my son watches them sometimes. My husband watches Magic the Gathering tournament on Twitch every weekend. Seriously. I never complain though (unless he has the volume too loud) because it's prime reading time for me!