BrokenTune 9 months ago
Poor boy, Jack, but at least he has an excellent family that looks after him.
Thanks for keeping us updated -- I've been keeping my fingers crossed so much for Jack. I hope however much time he has left, it will be filled with much joy and as little pain as possible. (I know it will be filled with very much love.)
Familiar Diversions 9 months ago
I'm glad that the anti-seizure medication is working, and I hope he's around and happy for a good long while.
Person Of Interest 9 months ago
Finding that balance between giving a beloved ailing pet the quality of life they deserve and not wanting to let them go can be so damn hard. It sounds like you're managing admirably, and I really hope Jack gets his trip to the beach this Spring.
DBTEdward 9 months ago
Internet hugs for you and Jack. We have been doctoring my old dog for months now, he is doing well right now, but the dread of "that day." has been a frequent part of our lives.
Obsidian Blue 9 months ago
Hugs to you and Jack. He looks like a very good boy.
Char's Horror Corner 9 months ago
Aww, I'm happy for your family and for Jack. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he makes it to October.
Wyvernfriend Reads 9 months ago
Glad the meds are working and I hope he gets another spring break in the sea.
Awe man, I'm sorry, I know how hard it is to see your furry fam struggling. I'm glad you seemed to have found something to help him out. Hopefully you can all enjoy some much needed happy relax time together now.
Happy to hear the medication is helping your sweet boy. Is he on Phenobarbital? Raiden has been on that for about 5months now and after the initial week/two weeks of his body accumulating to it, he was so much like his old self again, I was a happy sobbing mess for three days, lol. His seizures and symptoms are starting to peak through again a tiny bit here and there but even w/ the possibility of side effects, I'm so happy we put him on it.
I know there were two or three other medication options and I was just wondering if you tried those instead.
Moonlight Murder 9 months ago
Yes, he's on phenobarbital. Jack also seems to have adapted and his bright personality has come back through.
Ah, thought it might be, seems to be the go to and very helpful for these type of issues. Love that it seems to be working for Jack and happy you get to have more moments with him :)
BrokenTune 9 months ago
Erm, Whiskey, are you saying that Raiden is unwell, too??? :(
I don't want to go into it on Moonlight Reader's post but short answer, yes. I'll post about it someday since you all know him from pics I post.
Moonlight Murder 9 months ago
It's so hard when dogs struggle and suffer. They are really too good for us (and for the world).
(( hugs )) He was a well loved boy.
Char's Horror Corner 1 month ago
I’m so sorry. RIP Jack.
I’ve got something in my eye.
Linda Hilton 1 month ago
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( *hugs* Losing a beloved pet is some of the worst pain there is.

Rest in Peace, Jack.
Moonlight Murder 1 month ago
I miss him so much
Obi 1 month ago
Of course you miss him but then within a couple of days,weeks,months you'll remember all the very good parts,all his capers and adventures. You'll still miss him and he'll always be a part of you but the memory of him will bring a smile to your face❤ I wish you a lot of strength with his loss.
Lillelara 1 month ago
I´m so sorry, Moonlight.
BrokenTune 1 month ago
I'm so sorry to hear, Moonlight. :(
Murder by Death 1 month ago
My heart breaks for you.
Elentarri's Book Blog 1 month ago
Oh no. I'm so, so sorry to hear that.
I'm so sorry, its always hard :(
Familiar Diversions 1 month ago
I'm so sorry. :-(
So sorry for you loss. Hugs and comfort to you
Angela 1 month ago
I am so sorry to hear. sending hugs.
Obsidian Blue 1 month ago
Love and hugs to you.
Moonlight Murder 1 month ago
Thanks everyone. It's so hard. We are also leaving on a long road trip for ten days tomorrow, though, so that has provided some serious distraction. The timing has been brutal, but at least it happened before we left so that we could be there with him at the end. I had been worrying about leaving him with the house sitter because he seemed so fragile, both emotionally and physically. Our sitter is awesome, and he loved her, but she's also just a kid a little bit older than my daughter and trying to care for an elderly, ill dog was going to be quite an ask. This has been coming on since the big seizure in January.
Linda Hilton 1 month ago
I think sometimes they know when it's time, for themselves and for you. A thousand hugs.
Emerjas 1 month ago
I'm so sorry.
Rachel's books 1 month ago
I'm sorry for your loss.
Bark at the Ghouls 1 month ago
I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and everyone who loved Jack. Which was likely everyone who ever crossed paths with him. Golden's are the sweetest. I still miss my two nearly every day. Mine were 16 and 12. It's never enough time.
Moonlight Murder 1 month ago
It really isn't.

I saw a young golden yesterday and it was like my heart physically clenched. We still have an older Sheltie, and I'm not ready to get a puppy until she follows Jack, but there will be another golden in my life someday. Not a replacement for Jack, but a new dog to love.
Sorry to hear about Jack's passing, hope the cherished memories you have of him give some comfort as they are a testament to the good life you gave him.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's incredibly hard to say goodbye. It is clear he was well loved and returned that love in full.