Familiar Diversions 2 years ago
I'm going to follow the same personal rule I followed in the last games: when I finish a book, the first called square it works for is what it's getting used for. The only time I'll choose between squares is when I finish a book that could apply to several "called, but not marked" squares on my card.

It can be annoying when a book I had hoped to use for one square instead gets applied to something else, but overall I enjoy the restriction more than I'm irked by it.

As for what I might read first: I'm thinking one of my Book Bonanza books, possibly either Eric Asher's Days Gone Bad or Kendall Grey's Runed. The former would, at the very least, work for Vampires and Spellbound, two squares I could easily find other books for if Days Gone Bad ended up getting applied to something else, and the latter should work for Spellbound and, ooh, New Release (I just realized it was published March 2019!). On second thought, I'll probably save Runed for after New Release is called, since I don't think I have a lot of options picked out for that one.
Jennifer's Books 2 years ago
Wait, we can start early this week, and not just on the 31st?
Abandoned by user 2 years ago
There's an "early reading" option - one book only, and it can't be finished UNTIL the first.
Jennifer's Books 2 years ago
Gotcha! Thanks for the info, MR! I was somehow under the impression that the head start didn't start until the 31st.
Abandoned by user 2 years ago
I change the rules all the time, mostly because I can never remember the rules!
Jennifer's Books 2 years ago
That sounds a lot like me!

But anyway, the extra days are greatly appreciated. I can start one of my audiobooks! Thanks again!
2 years ago
And you've reminded me that I have a perfect book lined up on audio to start with. Whoohoo!
Lillelara 2 years ago
This is excellent! I´m starting with "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" for the Southern Gothic square.
Carmilla Reads 2 years ago
Let the games begin!
Yay going to pick my first book now
2 years ago
Squeee!!! How did I miss this post yesterday? Starting with Deeplight for creatures. It's a Netgalley book and the longest of my choices so far. No danger of finishing before 1st September!
Chris' Fish Place 2 years ago
Jumps up and down
2 years ago
I'm going to go with a Netgalley book too, probably The Grace Year. I tried reading it about a month ago and couldn't get into it. Everyone else seems to like it, though. Since I take forever on books I actually read.