Tea, Rain, Book 2 years ago
Sounds like AFL is taking lessons from the US's NFL. Our Super Bowl game was held the last Sunday in January for a very long time. The new commissioner (Goodell) decided to tack on more wild card games to bloat the season out. There is two weeks of media coverage between the conference championships and the SB - again bloat. Now the SB is held in early February (first or second weekend).
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
Does the later date change the weather for game day (make it unreasonably hot for football like it can do here)?
Portable Magic 2 years ago
I'm not much of a sports fan outside of baseball, but soccer... so many fine pairs of legs!
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
I like two sports, AFL and cricket. I also enjoy gymnastics, snow sports and diving when the Olympics or Commonwealth games are on.
Soze Says 2 years ago
Hottest Grand Final ever! Pity the game wasn't that hot.
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
Yes, we were expecting a closer match. Did you see the Rugby? THAT was exciting. I'm not actually a fan but my dad was yelling so much I thought I better have a look to see what was happening. I just caught Thurston's almost goal and then the overtime.
Soze Says 2 years ago
I'm an AFL fan, but never got into NRL. Heard it was a great game though. 1 out of 2 ain't bad, I guess!
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
I didn't even know you were Australian. Nice to meet another fellow countryman (person) who knows what I'm talking about when I say that it was over 30C at the footy this year.

Which state are you in?
Soze Says 2 years ago
Yep, always good to identify another Aussie round these parts :-) I'm probably (odds being what they are) on the opposite side of the country to you. I live in Perth - which explains the lack of NRL love. How about you?
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
Melbourne, which also explains my lack of love for NRL, but I was born in Brisbane which explains Mum and Dad's continued love of it.
Soze Says 2 years ago
That it does. Enjoy the off season and the cricket (or is that taking it too far?!)
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
Nope, I'm a diehard cricket fan, as long as two things are happening - 1. that Australia is playing, 2. that Australia is winning (or looks likely to win, I was disappointed when they cancelled our tour of Bangladesh as we were almost sure things to win there).
Soze Says 2 years ago
Nice on being a cricket fan as well! And I think you're right. Whatever happened, we'd have to do better than the Ashes!
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
Well, football is finished, but we can cheer on Australia in the summer's cricket together. Last summer I made a couple of posts about Starc and Johnson's bowling, and didn't really get many comments because it was falling on deaf ears as it seems no one else is a fan, and certainly no one else was watching.
Soze Says 2 years ago
I'll make sure to comment any time I see such a post. Promise! Go the Aussies! :-)
Sarah's Library 2 years ago
Thanks, it'll be nice to have someone to talk to next time we're playing.