Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
That looks delicious! I am not souping tonight because I've been super lazy and haven't been coming up with new recipes. I think I'll try to jump back on the band wagon next weekend, though!
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Yay! Does it have to be new recipes?
Moonlight Reader 2 months ago
Definitely not! I just bought a soup cookbook in the fall, and wanted to make my way through it. Epic fail!
Woo-hoo! I can't wait to steal some recipes :)
BrokenTune 2 months ago
Looks fantastic. I have a soup post in the making, but nothing fancy as that. :) I hope this was as tasty as it sounds. :D
It was really good, a bit basic but good
If my head's feeling congested, I may well make Chinese hot & sour soup - that clears my nasal passages right out.
BrokenTune 2 months ago
I met up with a friend who's been making her own version of decongestant soup today - it contains load of garlic, ginger and chili. Not something I would fancy, but she said it works for her.
This soup has about 3/4 of a cup of vinegar, and lots of pepper, in it.
Oooh, that sounds good!
Murder by Death 2 months ago
I usually just eat horseradish straight out of the jar. I like to adopt a scorched earth policy when it comes to congestion. :P
Debbie's Spurts 2 months ago
Every Chinese Restaurant has such a different version of Hot and Sour Soup. Local favorite has a lot of mushroom and had a small riot n their hands when they once tried to change recipe to the more commonly used one.
Lots of mushrooms!?! Sign me up.
Obsidian Blue 2 months ago
Yum shrimp!
Seafood is my favorite :)
Murder by Death 2 months ago
Whiskey, is your 'other' shrimp soup the thai one? If so, I tried that a couple of weeks ago (with chicken b/c MT doesn't do seafood) and it was excellent! So good, in fact, that I made it again last week (both on Tuesdays, which is why there was no post), so THANKS for sharing. :)
Doesn't do seafood?!? You're a saint to live with such a "human".
Yep, that was the one I was talking about, so happy to hear even with the substitution you enjoyed!
Murder by Death 2 months ago
I know... it's a mystery how we made it past the first date. We're even though: I'm a Floridian married to someone who doesn't do seafood and he's an Aussie married to someone who doesn't do lamb. :)
Snort!

One of my best friends doesn't eat shrimp, despite living on the NC coast, but he's quite allergic.
Allergic people get a pass but don't escape side-eye
Well, he liked shrimp the one time he ate it, before his throat swelled up.
Debbie's Spurts 2 months ago
One of my go-to's, particularly post-flu because is actually healthy: In soup pot, large can each of white kidney beans and Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (or two small cans); bring to boil and wilt down bite sized kale or spinach, repeating layers for extra large pots; reduce to simmer once wilted and stir. Season to taste after simmering about 15 minutes (or until greens are preferred doneness). with salt, cracked black pepper and garlic. In season, I'll also dice in a small amount of zucchini or heirloom tomatoes from the garden. I like to sprinkle on shredded asiago cheese in my bowl but leave it strictly vegan for others. Works great in crockpot, too.

I found some nifty soup cookbooks in my public library ebook borrows.