BrokenTune 7 months ago
LoL. The war story of your salmon cake recipe sounds both amazing and painful. I'm glad it turned out to be tasty. Btw, rather than fiddle with skinning the pepper over gas flames, I tend to just half mine and throw them on a baking sheet / tray thing and let them roast away in the oven. It takes a little longer, but you can just forget about them and do other things in the meantime. Also, there is less resitance from the peppers and the escape/drop on the floor ratio is more in your favour. (Personal experience...)
If I am feeling like a masochist and decide to make the recipe again, I'll definitely try that technique next time!
BrokenTune 7 months ago
The salad looks lovely, too. :)
Murder by Death 7 months ago
The salad looks delicious! But you had me at "One Dish" and the rest of the recipe name is just a freaking bonus. Question though: did you pound your chicken breasts (I felt weird typing that)? I've done this before, but I don't like what it does to the texture. I'll happily skip it and adjust cooking time, but I was curious whether you did that step or not.
I did, um, pound my chicken. The maturity it took to not say meat must mean I'm an adult finally. Although, I kinda said it, didn't I? Half an adult? I'll take it!
You could just try slicing your breasts more thin to save the pounding step or maybe tenders would work better? It wouldn't matter in the overall recipe. The pounding seems to be for pan frying quickness and give it a crispy texture.
I also threw a couple lime slices on top when I put it in the oven, really enhances the lime flavor if you like a stronger taste
Murder by Death 7 months ago
I like the extra lime slices idea... I have some lime infused olive oil I thought I'd use too instead of the plain jane olive oil.

I like the tenders idea too - that might get me around having to pound uh... anything. :P
Murder by Death 7 months ago
Also, apropos of nothing whatsoever, because tomatoes have nothing to do with red bell peppers, but I found freezing tomatoes whole (I was doing this with San Marzanos), then when I needed them, running them under warm/hot water for a few seconds caused their peels to really and truly slide right off. Don't know if that would work for bell peppers or not, though I think I have some ripe ones it the garden at the moment. I feel an experiment coming on...
I'll try it! I'd dance on my head if someone said it made taking the skin off peppers easier after my mess
Murder by Death 7 months ago
At least you were brave enough to try that gas-oven charring thing. I've seen recipes that include that and I've ALWAYS gone 'er... maybe not' and moved on to other recipes.