That is a good workaround. (: I always just right click, "open in new tab" when I hit the read more button--nobody likes scrolling!
KindleRomance 6 years ago
I like the spoiler too. But what I do to avoid the problem you mentioned is right-click on the post and open it in a new tab. I can then keep scrolling down without losing my spot on the original page.
Great Imaginations 6 years ago
You know you can right click on read more and open a new tab, right? Then you don't HAVE to scroll through your feed again. :D
KindleRomance 6 years ago
What I really don't like is that comments don't show up unless you click on the button. Then you find yourself saying the same thing the person above you just said:-)
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
The comments are still there. I just found a "Read More" post with comments and they're under the original post and when I opened in a new tab, they were also there.
KindleRomance 6 years ago
I'm just not used to having to click the button to see them. I'm getting there:-)
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
I didn't know I could right click! Wow, you guys are awesome. I'm going to edit my post now. Maybe there are other dim bulbs like me who don't know that, either. (I hope I'm not the only dim bulb!)
KindleRomance 6 years ago
LOL! Now two of us repeated Thalia:-)
Heheh, I wondered if I was the only one who did that! I have a habit of opening everything I click in a new tab. ^^;
KindleRomance 6 years ago
I'm with you. Then I have 25 open tabs, and I just hope my computer doesn't crash!
SilverThistle 6 years ago
I right click too. For everything. I hate having to click back through a gazillion pages when I'm on a site so any time I want to click a link that I want to read (but maybe not right this second) I right click it into a new tab and check it out later and continue on the site I'm on.

I've just checked how many I tabs I have open at the moment..... 49. Forty. Nine. Ahahahah. They'll still be there tomorrow when I load up the laptop because I never start a new session, I always choose 'restore last session'. I'm quite anal about it too. I rearrange all my tabs into sections so I know how far along to scroll when I'm looking for something.

I need to get out more....
SilverThistle 6 years ago
Lol, other people use bookmarks, I use tabs :D

Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
I love opening new tabs. I could easily have 49, as well. Unfortunately my laptop is not so excited about this and will often either take forever to get all the tabs loaded or it will freeze. :(
Can't you just... Open in a new tab?
SilverThistle 6 years ago
Me? yeah, that's what I do.
Nah, Sock Poppet XD It didn't even occur to me someone may have this kind of problem. For me clicking my sroll-button is a reflexive thing. That's what I always do! So for someone not to think of it... For a moment I thought I must've misread.
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
Sock Poppets are not that technologically advanced.

What's a scroll button?

"For a moment I thought I must've misread."

Stick around. I'm sure there will be many more things I'll say that will have you wondering if you've misread!
The button in the middle of your mouse that you use for scrolling. You can click it. And that automatically opens a link in a new tab.
HOLY CRAP. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. WHOA.
Don't tell me you were using a right mouse button XD How could you live on the internet without it?
I was! I didn't know there was another way! Geez, I feel like that time when one of my friends taught me what "ctrl + f" was and I just about screamed in delight.
Well, I guess every piece of information must be learned at certain point. I still discover new things every day, things that are seemingly obvious, so I get how you feel ^^
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
No mouse on my laptop.
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
"Geez, I feel like that time when one of my friends taught me what "ctrl + f" was and I just about screamed in delight."

*Sock Poppet waits until no one's looking and tries out ctrl+f. Screams in delight!"
You can do it on your laptop by tapping the navigation pad with both fingers at the same time. At least mine allows me to do that ^^ So you position the cursor, and then simultaneously tap with two, slightly spread fingers. Maybe it'll work for you to.

Btw, laughing my ass off about ctrl+f XD This is how I find youtube comments and stuff on pages, when I do google search. It's how I found pieces of HTML code when I was modifying my blog ;)
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
I'm always finding out things I don't know about my computer. I'm going to have to try using the search for finding pieces of html code. Reading through that stuff is a nightmare!
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago
I didn't, either. I'm so excited I feel like Right Clicking and opening up everything possible just because I can!
KindleRomance 6 years ago
I love your new Halloween background:-D
Sock Poppet at Play 6 years ago