rtm 4 years ago
You are a goddess! Thanks. I'm going to try to play around with this when I get home.
I hope it works for you ^^ If you have any questions, please ask.
SilverThistle 4 years ago
OMG I think I love you!! Thanks for this!!
You're welcome ;)
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Thank you so much for this! I couldn't quite figure out how to get the number count link to go white so I just made a light background and stuck with the black :) Works for me. Thank you. Now all I need is for my books and reviews to finish uploading
...
HTML isn't that bad ;) But I know what you mean, I haven't done it since forever too!
SilverThistle 4 years ago
{{ blog.followersCount }}

I think I did everything right, I tried to follow you closely anyway. That's what I have (above) but my link still shows black with a green hover. Not sure where I got it wrong but I'm not stressed about it, I'm just thrilled I got this far. Thanks for all your help :)
Sorry about the language, but when it comes to code I must communicate in pictures :/
SilverThistle 4 years ago
It won't let me put the whole line of code of what I
have so I'll make a pic too :D
SilverThistle 4 years ago
Thank you so much, you've been a fantastic help! All I need to do now is make a nice background image and I'm all set :)

I really appreciate your tutorials and I'm sure they'll help a lot of other people too. Thank you :)

You're most welcome :D
Your posts are very educational, and I've used a lot of the tips already. My question, if I may, is that I have a header image that appears to be too short to fit the actual header on this site. How can I make it wide enough? Thanks so much.
You have to design a banner that's the right size. If your image is too small, you could stretch it or (if it's big, has nice resolution, but is the wrong shape) cut out a piece of an image. There's free software that allows you to do things like that (for example PhotoFilter 7)

I believe banner size should be about (just an estimate) 1260x180px (?) or 1280x182 (?) or 184 (?) ... Something in that vicinity should work.
Yep, 1264x182 works for me.
thanks so much. I found a website called PicMonkey where I was able to stretch and crop the image I wanted to use for free. So cool. Thanks for your help. :)
Thanks a lot for this one. I moved my followers and following button to the sidebar as well, mostly because I was so annoyed by the weird background picture they used for it.
Thank you! I have been forever trying to figure this out! You are my hero today!
I'm glad you find it useful!
*br* marker ^^ the more you put in, the more empty lines you get
Example:
AnHeC, just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I appreciate your help! Worked like a dream!