I think invites are only suppose to count if you accept them. If I don't accept them, they don't show up and add to my invitations count (I think one time it messed up and counted one I didn't accept, so maybe that has happened to you)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I haven't received an invite in ages and don't remember accepting any of the 11 :(
That's strange. Your rating should be around ninety per cent.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
It was until very recently. I was just told that if I opened an email link invite then it counts. Grrrr. I can't even access any of these invite books on my profile because they're so old so I guess I'm stuck looking like a deadbeat.
Jessica (HDB) 6 years ago
Just leave a note on the invites that says something like "I was unable to complete this book before it was archived, and am therefore unable to fairly review it. Thank you for the opportunity!". I do that all the time if I accidentally click and invite link that I didn't want.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Thanks Jessica, I'll do that.
NerdyBirdie 6 years ago
I feel terrible because I gave up on Netgalley! XD Maybe I'll join again one day when I have time to read books in limited time XD
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I haven't requested one in ages because I don't like the pressure. But I poke in there every now and again to torture myself and test my willpower and noticed my account was screwed.
NerdyBirdie 6 years ago
Haha, that's the only problem with being inactive. :D
TezMillerOz 6 years ago
I'm only 40-something, so you're doing better than me :-)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Witty Little Knitter 6 years ago
Do you often click on the links NetGalley tweets or something similar? Because that's how I ended up with my only invite so far. Sometimes publishers will just tweet a 'look here's our book, request it if you want'-link but some also send out 'if you click and have an NG account you'll get this book'...
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
In my case, it was the emails they used to send (I haven't seen one in months). If you clicked on the "Read Now" or whatever it was in the email it would automatically add the book to your invites number and NG would assume you had agreed to review it. I never knew that until yesterday. Fortunately, they were very helpful and I managed to clean up my account.