Familiar Diversions 6 years ago
Always be wary of books with cute animals on the covers. It's like when I read the Dewey the Library Cat book and was reduced to messy tears.

I need to do more daily stretching. My right hip keeps twinging and reminding me that I'm getting older, and I'm afraid one day it'll do more than just twinge. I was good about regular stretching, for a while, but then I got out of the habit.
That Dewey book got me too :(

My chiropractor says daily yoga and good posture can solve most back pain issues.It's worth a shot! This time was the worst. Not only did I wrench my back but I started having shooting pains in my hip and leg.
6 years ago
I hope that your new plan works better for you. I've been missing you around here. A lot.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I've missed being here and reading your posts ;( I plan to be better about all that too.
Jessica (HDB) 6 years ago
Yay, you're back! I'm with you on the yoga. I'm on day 4 of yoga every morning (despite grumbling on the way to my mat) and it's amazing.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
It really is. I always feel it when I stop practicing.
Glad to see you back.

Sorry to hear about the pain you endured, but I hope the yoga helps.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Thanks Grim. My younger sister is now disabled from back pain/two back surgeries. It terrifies me.
I'm so sorry to hear that :(

That would be terrifying.
6 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that too. That's pretty scary.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I have trouble asking for help which is why my back is probably still sore (ugh) and that situation would wreck me.
I'll keep your sister in my thoughts. You as well. I hope your back feels better soon!
So glad you're back and I dig the new plan; especially putting it out there and doing more yoga!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Hopefully putting it out there will keep me accountable :)
Welcome back. Best of luck with your resolutions. And I adore your new avatar. :)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Thanks Rachel. That's my oldest (and grumpiest) cat Kirby. He's kind of a jerk and likes to plop down there and rip out my hair whenever I try to read.
lol Too cute! My cat used to bite or stroke my hair in order to wake me up in the morning so I could feed her. She was relentless! :)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
They do know how to get exactly what they want :)
Barks, I thought you'd get a kick out of this vid. It's cats desperately trying to wake their human moms and dads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYofd5sld3Y
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
That was adorable, thanks for the link!
You're welcome! I particularly loved the cat who pulled off the covers. lol! My cat Nuni doesn't resort to any of that hair biting or stroking. He just resorts to yowling in my ear. It's like being awakened by a bullhorn. lol
I'm not doing any challenges this year either, I alway fail, I am such and eclectic reader and I hate feeling forced to read something. I get enough of that in real life. I need yoga, I am so not bendy I would snap if I fell. Can I ask what yoga you are doing ? A book, class, video ?
Oh the book you are reading would gut me. I am dealing with two older pets right now, fearing the day that is coming way to soon. I would have grabbed it too just by that cover , thanks for the heads up. :D
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Right now I am focusing on healing my back and doing gentle yoga. I'm following Fightmaster Yoga https://www.youtube.com/user/lesleyfightmaster on YouTube's brand new "beginner yoga series". She has a very soothing voice and I love her routines. They are short and gentle and a perfect way to heal or start a new yoga practice.Yoga With Adrienne https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene is also another great instructor. She's also free on YouTube. After that I will do a combo of their yoga videos in the morning and DDP Yoga http://ddpyoga.com/ n the evening (this one is more geared to guys but my husband is doing it with me). I want to become so flexible that I am unbreakable ;) I'm a klutz so I need all the help I can get.

Aww, I have two 10 year old cats and a 10 year old golden retriever. It's so hard to watch them age so quickly :(
It is, my cat is 16 and my dog is 12 and having a tough time. Thank you for the yoge rec. I really want to do this
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Keep me posted. The yoga will help with stress relief too.
Kitty Horror 6 years ago
Apart from you putting your back out, I love this post.
Nothing worse than feeling that you have to read things, I always think doing set challenges are a great thing until I find I need to read certain things then it stops being fun.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Yeah, for some reason, the challenge & review "pressure" makes me want do anything but read. I just want to be free this year to do whatever the heck I want. It will be my year of complete selfishness ;)