Char's Horror Corner 8 months ago
It's VERY pretty!
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
But filled with rage and Patrick fur :) And thanks. It's another wishing scarf but will be a bit smaller than my last enormous one.
BrokenTune 8 months ago
Very nice. Why "angry", tho?
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
Sorry, this was related to my post last night. I'll add a link.

BrokenTune 8 months ago
Oh, I see. Sorry, I haven't caught up with all the posts, yet.
It's a great looking scarf, tho, even if born of rage.
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
No worries, I'm forever behind with everything ;)
Is that a ribbed cable? It looks very nice. (I love knitting ribbed cable scarves, because they're reversible.)
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
I'm not sure. I just follow patterns blindly ;) It has three repeating cables with 2 purl stitches in-between each, four purls on either end. It's a super easy knit. Perfect for angry knitting!
Wanda's Book Reviews 8 months ago
What a lovely, calm colour to knit an angry scarf! :)
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
I know, right? Blood red would've been more appropriate.
My Never Ending List 8 months ago
It's fantastic! I love the pattern, you are quite talented. I hope to do that some day soon. My niece made me a hat this year that I just treasure.
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
Thanks, it's pretty easy and relaxing actually. I taught myself via internet videos and the Stitch N Bitch book.
I tried to learn from a book and couldn't do it; I had to learn from a person. (Turns out my natural knitting style is Continental, which the book did not even take a stab at.)
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
Yeah, I never see continental in the beginner books. It's much faster.
Due to my situation after the stroke, the left hand *had* to do most of the work - so Continental was the best solution. I suspect I would have inclined to it even before the stroke, as I'm not left handed, but I do have a pretty strong-minded left hand. (And thank goodness, all things considered.)
Murder by Death 8 months ago
Oh man, angry vibes or not, I love that scarf! That has to be one of my favourite knits: the big, cozy, chunky kind. I'm forever looking for a sweater like this (only not wool). Maybe the Patrick fur will cancel out the rage. :)
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
Thanks, that tweed yarn made such a comfy scarf but I can only wear it when it's below 30 because it feels like a blanket!
That's why I keep my thicker yarn for scarves, because a sweater of it would kill me - I live in SC.
Murder by Death 8 months ago
Melbourne... no snow, but definitely cold and damp. My workplace is even colder; my lips turn blue. It's insane.
If the weather kills me, it's because it's too hot. We've already hit 80 once or twice this year!
Ugh it's 30 here today.
Tannat 8 months ago
For a second I was confused, and then I realized Fahrenheit.

I made myself a scarf this year that I haven't been able to wear much because it seems to be too warm with my winter coat unless it's at least -20, and preferably colder.
80 F - 26 C (or thereabouts).
Tannat 8 months ago
I meant with Bark's 30 comment. 80 is obviously F for weather, but my brain defaults to C for numbers like 30. Like I'm sure yours defaults to F... ^^

-20C is apparently -4F. Sounds so much warmer.

Wow, I just realized Bark meant less than 30F and not -30F in that first comment. I think I need sleep.
That is totally gorgeous. Love the colour and the pattern. And the Patrick fur of course.
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
Thank you. Patrick is a big part of everything I knit now ;) That cat is everywhere I am.
Tannat 8 months ago
I love the angry scarf! It's an awesome way to infect someone's karma too.

And hand-knitted scarf isn't complete without cat fur.
lol, too true.
Ooh, where do you find the pattern?
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
It's in the book Woodland Knits or you can find it on Ravelry for $5.50.

There's one very similar (free!) pattern for the Palindrome scarf, which I think is here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/palindrome-a-reversible-cable-scarf .
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
I've knit the matching hat twice. I love it. It's so easy and so lovely.
Tannat 8 months ago
Looks like it's pretty close, just without the ribbing (or spacing) between the cables. Now I'm tempted to repurpose some yarn I was thinking of making an infinity scarf with.
Woodland Knits is on my Amazon wish list! Thanks, SusannaG, I've copied that pattern. I like the idea of it being reversible!
Barks At The Moon 8 months ago
I'd love to see it when you finish :)
Have to start it first. ;)
There's collecting patterns and there's getting around to knitting.