Char's Horror Corner 10 months ago
It's VERY pretty!
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
But filled with rage and Patrick fur :) And thanks. It's another wishing scarf but will be a bit smaller than my last enormous one.
BrokenTune 10 months ago
Very nice. Why "angry", tho?
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
Sorry, this was related to my post last night. I'll add a link.

BrokenTune 10 months ago
Oh, I see. Sorry, I haven't caught up with all the posts, yet.
It's a great looking scarf, tho, even if born of rage.
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
No worries, I'm forever behind with everything ;)
Is that a ribbed cable? It looks very nice. (I love knitting ribbed cable scarves, because they're reversible.)
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
I'm not sure. I just follow patterns blindly ;) It has three repeating cables with 2 purl stitches in-between each, four purls on either end. It's a super easy knit. Perfect for angry knitting!
Wanda's Book Reviews 10 months ago
What a lovely, calm colour to knit an angry scarf! :)
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
I know, right? Blood red would've been more appropriate.
My Never Ending List 10 months ago
It's fantastic! I love the pattern, you are quite talented. I hope to do that some day soon. My niece made me a hat this year that I just treasure.
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
Thanks, it's pretty easy and relaxing actually. I taught myself via internet videos and the Stitch N Bitch book.
I tried to learn from a book and couldn't do it; I had to learn from a person. (Turns out my natural knitting style is Continental, which the book did not even take a stab at.)
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
Yeah, I never see continental in the beginner books. It's much faster.
Due to my situation after the stroke, the left hand *had* to do most of the work - so Continental was the best solution. I suspect I would have inclined to it even before the stroke, as I'm not left handed, but I do have a pretty strong-minded left hand. (And thank goodness, all things considered.)
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Oh man, angry vibes or not, I love that scarf! That has to be one of my favourite knits: the big, cozy, chunky kind. I'm forever looking for a sweater like this (only not wool). Maybe the Patrick fur will cancel out the rage. :)
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
Thanks, that tweed yarn made such a comfy scarf but I can only wear it when it's below 30 because it feels like a blanket!
That's why I keep my thicker yarn for scarves, because a sweater of it would kill me - I live in SC.
Murder by Death 10 months ago
Melbourne... no snow, but definitely cold and damp. My workplace is even colder; my lips turn blue. It's insane.
If the weather kills me, it's because it's too hot. We've already hit 80 once or twice this year!
Ugh it's 30 here today.
Tannat 10 months ago
For a second I was confused, and then I realized Fahrenheit.

I made myself a scarf this year that I haven't been able to wear much because it seems to be too warm with my winter coat unless it's at least -20, and preferably colder.
80 F - 26 C (or thereabouts).
Tannat 10 months ago
I meant with Bark's 30 comment. 80 is obviously F for weather, but my brain defaults to C for numbers like 30. Like I'm sure yours defaults to F... ^^

-20C is apparently -4F. Sounds so much warmer.

Wow, I just realized Bark meant less than 30F and not -30F in that first comment. I think I need sleep.
That is totally gorgeous. Love the colour and the pattern. And the Patrick fur of course.
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
Thank you. Patrick is a big part of everything I knit now ;) That cat is everywhere I am.
Tannat 10 months ago
I love the angry scarf! It's an awesome way to infect someone's karma too.

And hand-knitted scarf isn't complete without cat fur.
lol, too true.
Ooh, where do you find the pattern?
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
It's in the book Woodland Knits or you can find it on Ravelry for $5.50.

There's one very similar (free!) pattern for the Palindrome scarf, which I think is here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/palindrome-a-reversible-cable-scarf .
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
I've knit the matching hat twice. I love it. It's so easy and so lovely.
Tannat 10 months ago
Looks like it's pretty close, just without the ribbing (or spacing) between the cables. Now I'm tempted to repurpose some yarn I was thinking of making an infinity scarf with.
Woodland Knits is on my Amazon wish list! Thanks, SusannaG, I've copied that pattern. I like the idea of it being reversible!
Barks At Everything 10 months ago
I'd love to see it when you finish :)
Have to start it first. ;)
There's collecting patterns and there's getting around to knitting.