Hol 8 months ago
Lmao! I've been waiting so long for someone to do a list of depressive reads lol!
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
Me too. I got tired of waiting!
Char's Horror Corner 8 months ago
OMG The Girl Next Door is such a KILLER book, in more ways than one.
And I didn't know you were a fan of Geek Love. Me too! I'll have to check out some of these others when things get going too well for me.
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
Geek Love is the only book I pull out for a reread every few years and still haven't reviewed. It's my all time favorite book. I think I own four copies, all with different covers. I think you'd enjoy the last four.
Char's Horror Corner 8 months ago
How did I not know this?
Martini 8 months ago
I loved 'Out'! Gotta have to keep some of the others in mind for when life gets to good to be true.
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
We all need a downer every now and again :)
...Bookfanatic 8 months ago
'A Little Life' is the most emotionally draining book I have ever read bar none and yes, I was a sobbing, weeping mess at the end of it but it was also one of the most amazing books I've ever read. I regret nothing.
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
Gawd, that book. It was exhausting!
...Bookfanatic 8 months ago
Yes it was but I can honestly say I don't regret reading it, but I also don't have it in me to re-read it either.
Person Of Interest 8 months ago
Love it! Sometimes you just need to wallow in misery. I still haven't read 'Year of Wonder", but I did like 'People of the Book' and 'Caleb's Crossing'.
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
Yes, as long as it's someone else's misery ;). I haven't read her other work yet. I keep meaning to but you know how that goes.
Familiar Diversions 8 months ago
Oh man, Out. That one was a wee bit too gruesome for me.
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
It certainly was gruesome!
I was reviewing a new horror book called THE ABUSE OF ASHLEY COLLINS, and as I was comparing it to THE GIRL NEXT DOOR, and LET'S GO PLAY AT THE ADAMS, I was reminded of the (non-fiction) books by Dave Pelzer - ( A Child Called It, etc.). Keep them in mind next time you're too happy and would rather be lying in the shower, in the fetal position, rocking, and crying. Those books broke something inside of me. Maybe I'll recommend THE ABUSE OF ASHLEY COLLINS instead :) See it here --> http://shadowgirl.booklikes.com/post/1545441/post
Barks At Everything 8 months ago
Thanks for the recommendations. I am always in the mood for a good soul-crusher of a book. I've had Let's Go Play at the Adams on my wishlist for while, read A Child Called It (perhaps, I'll add that one to my Part 2). The Abuse of Ashley Collins is also on the WL, thanks!