Murder, She Reads 3 months ago
Your not alone, when I see one I have to look up the book and put a cover on it...it's just not right seeing a big green book...it's gaudy...lol.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
So glad it's not just me! I just can't leave them there, even when I'm short on time.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Oh no - definitely not just you. And yes, there are days when I spend more time adding covers than I do reading my dash posts. The big green box purely drives me crazy. Thanks for posting this request! :)
Tannat 3 months ago
I wonder if sometimes people have added a cover while editing to add other information and so there's a delay. I fix all of mine, but I'll admit I can be lazy about other people's green covers.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
I think some folks may not even realize they can do so but yeah that may delay things a bit. I recommend adding the cover separately from the edit so that ugly green thing disappears :)
Tannat 3 months ago
Yeah, I just mentioned it because I know I've submitted edits, stared at that green cover, then uploaded the cover again. Hopefully that doesn't confuse any of the librarians.
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 3 months ago
I dislike them and try to add covers, but if the cover isn't working for me, I leave it. I'm not so OCD I need to have the covers, although I used to be, to be honest, and I get the itch.

i'll continue to try to edit them, but, yeah, can't promise anything especially with the potential new time crunch.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
Thanks, Grim. If we all do a little maybe we can eradicate them entirely!
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 3 months ago
Possibly, yeah.
Bookish Blerd 3 months ago
Yes! It's the OCD. I cannot stand having blank--or in this case green covers. Drives me insane.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
Phew, I hesitated saying something for weeks but this morning I couldn't keep it to myself. Glad I'm not alone with my distaste for the ugly green box!
Familiar Diversions 3 months ago
The only time I delay fixing mine up is when I'm posting via a phone rather than a computer.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
Yeah, me too. It's impossible to do it with my phone.
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 3 months ago
Actually, I found it's almost easier on the iPhone: save image from internet, then when it asks to add cover, it asks if I want to take picture or use one from the library. I use it from the library and am good to go.

ETA: I also don't notice that much of a lag on the phone, especially not when compared to the computer. Most times it takes longer on the computer for me, although everything else on BL works fast. Funny, that.
Obsidian Blue 3 months ago
I tend to find it easier via my cell phone too.
I won't post a post without the right cover. In fact, I had to add one yesterday because I couldn't stand it. Call my OCD or what but I want to see the cover!
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
I so agree! And thanks for adding covers.I still have tons on my shelf from original import and am slooooowly adding them. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
My Never Ending List 3 months ago
I try to add book covers to the books I post that don't have them, I'm glad I am not alone. It drives me batty!! I feel like it doesn't give the book justice not seeing the cover,
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
And that green is so ugly!
Obsidian Blue 3 months ago
I always add covers too cause this bugs me.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
Probably why they made the placeholder so ugly!
Haha, you may have a point there! (Can't stand it either and replace it, myself, as soon as one of my imports shows up sans cover ... or I come across another book I care about that just has the green placeholder.)
sherrysniderfundin 3 months ago
I hate them too, but it's probably mine you are seeing. It was too confusing trying to add all the info, so I just added my own cover in my post. I bookmarked this page and will give this a try next time. Thanks for letting me know it's this easy.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
There are actually a lot of green covers from multiple people I follow in my feed every time I log on so no worries. I fixed about a dozen just now. I think many people don't realize that they can do it.
Linda Hilton 3 months ago
I try to add covers whenever I can. What bugs the bejeebers out of me is when the green things show up on the BL banner across the top. I think I finally fixed that by just closing the banner!!
charlton 3 months ago
Like you I don't like the green covers so much, I try to to get the correct cover or report to the librarians.I should say that is what I do currently,in the past I would just let it go.
I add them if I'm on the desktop.
Char's Horror Corner 3 months ago
I always try to fix mine because frankly, I like looking at covers and not the generic green one. I'll try to be more helpful on others I see in my feed, if I am able.
Grim has me interested, I've always left the green cover there if I'm on my phone, (I would fix it when I got to my PC), because I thought it would be a pain.
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 3 months ago
I'd suggest trying it on the phone. Like I said, the iPhone is super easy, but I'm not sure, say, an Android phone would be.

If it's a PITA on your phone, you can put it off until the computer. I just remember trying one day because I didn't want to wait.

Also, if you have an iPhone and need to ask me anything about BL, feel free. I may not have tried it, but it's likely I have, especially for stuff that's repeated - like uploading covers.
Char's Horror Corner 3 months ago
I do have an iphone now. Yay!
Jennifer's Books 3 months ago
No, it's not just you. I can't stand the green covers, either.
Grimlock ♥ Inhumans 3 months ago
Then ask if you have any issues, by honestly they guide you through it once you press ads a photo.
I fill covers to any book on my shelves I can find the picture of. And if I own it, I straight photograph them :D
Linda Hilton 3 months ago
I do the same. And I try to update any that I find are incorrect, too.
Yeap, but not as often with the ASIN problems. It gets on my nerves to correct or add info and loose all of it when the system farts
Linda Hilton 3 months ago
ASIN problems, cover problems, author name problems, all kinds of problems. It's so frustrating. And discouraging.
Murder by Death 3 months ago
@The Better to see you: You can still submit edits to books with the damn ASIN bug - just delete the ASIN when you make the rest of your changes and save. When it comes through the librarian queue for approval, we all know to disapprove the asin deletion, so your legit changes go through and the asin stays.
I do that now. Sometimes I have problems with ISBN though, a "duplicate" message pops, even while I KNOW the book or edition is not there, and then I want to tear my hair out (happens a lot with long sellers and re-editions, and waaay too much with translated editions)
Murder by Death 3 months ago
Duplicate ISBNs drive me nuts too - I should search first but if I'm filling in missing editions I don't want to be bothered - or it won't be on the author list, but it'll be in the database so when that message pops up it always means way more work than I expected, b/c I have to find that edition, figure out what's wrong with it, fix it, tie it together... I sort of want to ask them if they can do a report showing all duplicate isbns in the database - but I'm afraid of how long the list will be. :(
Kitty Horror 3 months ago
I don't like seeing them either. You're not alone.
Line Bookaholic 3 months ago
I always try to do it as well, I hate those green covers.
Barks At Everything 3 months ago
And the first thing I see in my feed this morning? A big, ugly greenie! Karma, I guess.