Comments: 16
Char's Horror Corner 2 months ago
I noticed that this morning too! I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday, so maybe there's a glitch going on or something?
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
It was definitely there yesterday when I added a review because I'm nosy and always note my ranking even though it stays within 100 ranking points or so pretty consistently. I am suspicious that they may be either going to do one of two things: merge Goodreads reviews into their database or do away with "unverified purchase" reviews altogether. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Obsidian Blue 2 months ago
Hmm maybe they are doing away with rankings. Since they have so many rules now I know book reviewers were irritated they had to wait to post reviews.
Obsidian Blue 2 months ago
I found this and laughed since some of the people on this list only have 1 review. https://www.amazon.com/hz/leaderboard/hall-of-fame
I see several with 0! Maybe they removed their reviews?
Obsidian Blue 2 months ago
Yeah maybe. Something weird is going on there. Am glad I took down my reviews there years ago. Most of the time Amazon pushes people to read the reviews on Goodreads and when I go to my Kindle account it is synced to my GR account so I can see my rating for the book or if I am currently reading it.
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
They did a huge culling because people were gaming the system with shady sellers and kickbacks but I think those people were deleted completely. Some of them were stripped of their reviews very unfairly and some were reinstated but I think a lot people left and took their reviews with them when Amazon kept screwing with reviews and randomly targeting people.
Obsidian Blue 2 months ago
I recall that being mentioned in the Amazon threads before they went poof.
Debbie's Spurts 2 months ago
I haven't heard anything. If done deliberately, they really owed reviewers an explanation (even if a vague like we are updating, validating, improving trustworthiness, re-examining, reinventing or whatever ).

Maybe they are auditing for fivvers, reader's favorites, other paid reviewers, group blog sites where multiple reviewers use same Amazon account ... again, though, they should have said something.
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
They always do whatever they want and never say a word until hoards complain.
Debbie's Spurts 2 months ago
And no on-site forum discussions for public complaining, eh?
Char's Horror Corner 2 months ago
Not anymore!
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
Nope, now I'll have to complain here :)
Wanda's Book Reviews 2 months ago
I still have a rating and a connection to the best reviewers and top reviewers lists. They must be phasing it in gradually?
Bark's Book Reviews 2 months ago
The rankings are back. Perhaps it was a glitch or test for something far more ominous to come :)
Debbie's Spurts 2 months ago
I don't review there anymore -- but, I'm hoping it was just a cleanup.