Tackling Mt. TBR 8 years ago
If I had that hat I would wear it everyday... even in summer. Love it!
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
It is super cute but I might get shot around here if I wore it during hunting season :)
Tackling Mt. TBR 8 years ago
That would put a bit of a damper on the hat. LOL! I live in the city so I'm in the clear.
TeaStitchRead 6 years ago
Yes, with a little less fringe lengthwise. I dig scarves.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Yeah, the pattern calls for an entire skein for the fringe! I don't think I'm going to get that carried away ;)
Agreed. Less fringe would be best. I love fun fall/winter accessories like this. And I live in Michigan where over half the year we actually NEED to wear those things to keep warm! I make a log of stuff like this and hand them out as extra Christmas gifts. I'd love to see your finished project!
Rane Aria 6 years ago
Beautiful scarf! What does it call for in Yarn Weight and how many skeins?
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
3 100g skeins of bulky. I was trying to use up some worsted weight cotton but that was a bad idea.
Jennifer's Books 6 years ago
I would wear it, yes.
That looks gorgeous
6 years ago
Love the look of this! And that hat!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I worked up a few more inches last night and it is HEAVY. I can't imagine how this will feel around my neck but it'll be great for the snow!
6 years ago
I've put the book on my wish list. Unfortunately in the process, I found several other interesting knitting books and put them on the wish list too!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
One can never have too many knitting books on the wishlist.
Abandoned by user 6 years ago
So pretty! I would totally wear that!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Thanks. I like how it came out but my hands hurt! I haven't blocked it because I'm a lazy knitter but it looks more "natural" this way to me so I probably won't.
Fabulous scarf! And I think yours is nicer than the one in the book.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Wow, thank you! I wanted a sage color but then I'd have to buy a new coat.
Kitty Horror 6 years ago
That scarf looks great, I like that you shortened the tassles a bit, more functional.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Yeah, the fringe on the original was out of control. My kitty would have a blast if he got his hands on 25" of fringe!
I love it!
Hello fellow knitter! * waves* now I am kinda sad we live so far away, otherwise I could meet you for a knit & book chat session... Guess we will have to do this over the world wide web instead ;)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Ahh, too bad we're not closer. I'd love to have a bookish knitting meetup. I have a friend who tried but it didn't pan out :(
Witty Little Knitter 6 years ago
Ohh, I have been eying this book for *ages*. I already have some single patterns from the designer (the Hexipuff-Quilt, which I'm knitting since...ehem a long time and the Care of Magical Creatures bracelet which I still haven't started).
And the scarf is gorgeous!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Thanks, she makes the cutest things. I need to get going on the Hexipuff Quilt while I wait for my yarn to arrive. I'll post more pictures of her items when I get them knit it up. I love the book but many of the patterns are more for fun than practicality but if you are (or have) a whimsical earthy person in your life, I'd definitely recommend getting it, if only to have all of her patterns in one place. And it's a beautifully photographed book, almost a work of art.
Wow that scarf turned out fabulous!! Great job!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago