Kaethe 7 years ago
I suppose I should disclose that I am actually Ada Lovelace, died 1852.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Every now and then I get very giggly and assume that you are! I like to think she'd be totally excited to post book reviews and then discuss them.
Kaethe 7 years ago
It's important to get away from the computing.
Look, I really am a cat in a hockey mask, OK?
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
I could happily live in a world where I'm surrounded by cats reviewing books online. There would probably be a lot more posts about the dual uses of books as reading material and scratching pads though.
Kaethe 7 years ago
Cats don't have to read: they can just lie on books and osmosis the contents. Doesn't everyone know this?
Krazykiwi @ Kiwitopia 7 years ago
I'm gonna need a new avatar. A small fuzzy brown flightless bird with a long beak is just not very believable as a book reviewer. Although, I suppose I could be typing with my beak. And sitting on a really tall chair to reach the keyboard.
BrokenTune 7 years ago
I think I may have to join you - not because sheep are not believable, but just because we don't get much street cred as ferocious bloggers. (I am the second from the right, btw. Or maybe it's the left. I get confuddled.)
Krazykiwi @ Kiwitopia 7 years ago
Well, what use has a sheep with keeping left and right straight! And you type much better than I would imagine was possible with hooves too.

We should start a union for "underestimated animal book reviewers", and lobby for more street cred!
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Aw, I think a kiwi is a great reviewer! Plus some Americans still think it's a small brown fruit, so we need more of the bird types around.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Also you might have a secretary who does your typing. Or two other kiwi, each in charge of half of the keyboard. And another at the mouse.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
And I'm now going to imagine that BrokenTune has a small group of sheep at work. Who are possibly extremely fierce despite the whole sheep stereotype.
Krazykiwi @ Kiwitopia 7 years ago
I've been knocked on my behind by more than a few angry mamma sheep, I believe it. Although, they got nothing on a mamma pig, when it comes to real ferocity, if we're gonna rank "scary when they're cranky" any animal that settles it's scores by running full speed head first at each other, and doesn't knock itself unconscious when it does so has to at least be top five, right?

Also I like the idea of a secretary, I think I'll promote one of the cohorts to the job.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
If I could sketch I would now be drawing a group of kiwi at the keyboard, with their heads tipped, looking expectantly at the viewer. Maybe one might have a small pair of glasses on, because something tells me that'd be terribly cute.
BrokenTune 7 years ago
The picture of the bespectacled kiwi bird looking up in expectation has been stuck in my head ever since reading your comment. Thank you for that!
Krazykiwi @ Kiwitopia 7 years ago
I'm going to ask daughter to draw me an avatar.

Although knowing her it'll end up being a steampunk my-little-ponykiwi. Or perhaps a Pokemon Zelda crossoverkiwi. Pretty sure I can demand glasses either way (on a little chain!)
BrokenTune 7 years ago
Just as an aside, I'm totally loving everyone's avatars. I'm guessing many if not most will have a story behind them (even if they haven't been shared) and I kinda like that idea.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
And I'm a painting apparently, though I believe I flit from one to another as otherwise it can be a pretty boring life. I'm currently at the Cleveland Art Museum...I wonder who my next door neighbor is?

BTW, I'm loving this discussion!
Another painting checking in - I'm Dutch and 17th century.
Kaethe 7 years ago
I'm enchanted by the idea that we are all really our avatars. On the internet no one knows you're a deceased programmer or flightless bird. Well, no one except Kathleen Hale, #GamerGate, and Anonymous, who will doxx you if you cross them.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
It's also a very Halloweenish idea for us to have this sort of online costume - or icon that is in some secret way (known only to ourselves) as meaningful. Like in some costume parties where you go as something obscure - I've had friends that have been punctuation marks, and Yellow Journalism, and film tropes (Melodrama, Inciting Incident) - so you do have to go talk to someone and have them explain their costume. And then if you're really into it, you interact as those characters. Not that I've done that since college!

I'm also having thoughts about what a kiwi wearing glasses would do if it needed to push the glasses up if they slip down its nose - er beak. Maybe get a friend to help? So annoyed I can't draw cartoons!
I'm becoming rather fond of my 'siamese cat in a hockey mask' Halloween costume. I will be going back to my little ginger cat in a hat, but hockey cat will return for high days and holidays.