Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
I wondered if it was Daylight Savings at all but that makes no sense that it'd show up now. And I agree, it took me awhile to figure that out too and it's been driving me crazy.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
My immediate thought was wait, what have I done, did I mess up the settings? Because I have done that, heh. I know Booklikes are based in - hmm, I want to say eastern Europe but that may be wrong - in any case I don't think it's daylight savings there yet? So maybe someone got the time switch set in advance but chose the wrong day? Just guessing.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
That's what I remember. My brain says Poland but that's probably wrong. Quite possibly though on the time issue. I just hope it goes away quickly.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
7 years ago
All countries do not have the same schedule for DST. Some countries don't use it at all (like Russia and Iceland). Europe went off of DST last weekend, which may very well account for the time stamp discrepancy.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
Yeah, that's what I thought. I knew some didn't use it; interesting to know two that don't. Thanks for letting us know.
7 years ago
Thank timeanddate.com.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Now I'm actually really happy this happened because I'd never really thought of how various countries rolled out the time change - except to think that it was probably awkward for everyone. Now I'm thinking what a huge pain this must be for everyone in transport industries to other countries, just trying to figure out what arrival/departure times are going to be.