Jamie's Book Blog 7 years ago
I so need to finish this game. I haven't gotten very far in it but I've been meaning to. Thanks for reminding me. The makers put a lot of time and love into that game and it shows. Still looks and plays great in my opinion. I'm currently working on Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Forgot the company name but they remade it and made it so it works great on modern pc's. It has it's host of problems though but I'm enjoying it Getting BGII enhanced edition soon too :D
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
If I really had time I'd play it and at the same time try and look up all the npc names, just to see if there are any other historical easter eggs in there. I've always meant to do that, but always get so into killing the monsters (and collecting gear) that I forget.
Jamie's Book Blog 7 years ago
Haha, I'd probably do the same. It's hard to quit clicking on monsters. There's a lot of them in that game. Probably one of the best right after Diablo/Diablo2, possibly even better.

I really liked the first sacred also, Sacred 2 was very good too. Just a huge world, almost too huge but lots of fun easter eggs in that one. The rock band one was my favorite though. You can do all these quests and then get to watch a concert from all the band members that you just helped. I mean they're part of the game but did the actual opening music for the game. Was a fun easter egg :D
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Ok that's definitely going on one of my wish lists!
Jamie's Book Blog 7 years ago
Unfortunately the company who made Sacred went under, I think they spent way too much on that second one and should have made another one like the first instead of going 3d, first one was textile based kind of like this game and the 2nd one was I don't know how to describe it but 3d I guess and they went under but some other company bought the rights to the games. Good news is they're probably very cheap. Bad news is I don't think we'll ever get a sequel. I'm still hoping for a sequel to Freedom Force. The two freedom force games were awesome. Super heroes but very tactical and fun, just different.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
That's one great thing about sites like Steam and GOG - at least there's still those places to go when you want to play something from the past. And I'll now keep an eye out for the next time Sacred Gold goes on sale. The screenshots do look interesting.