Mammarella 7 years ago
Religion is a choice. Some tend to forget it.
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
Agreed. They also seem to forget that any religion worth believing in doesn't advocate bullying of adults much less children. It saddens me to think of all the heinous things that are done in the name of religion. I know I neither want nor need a god that tells me things like bullying are ever ok.
Mammarella 7 years ago
so, what happened?
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
Letters to the editor of our local paper from the local a couple of women belonging to one of the so called organized religions of the world. The first one was condemning the law that just passed here in Canada allowing people the legal right to 'assisted suicide'. It's a law that has been passed to allow people with disease like Lou Gehrig's to determine at what point enough is enough. There are guidelines and the decision from what I understand can only be made by the patient so it's not a matter of a family member or even legal guardian being able to decide this the person who is afflicted has to be mentally competent to make the decision and have no real possibility of any improvement to their condition. That letter was bad enough but then the following week someone from the same organization had a rant about what amounted to anyone who wasn't a vanilla heterosexual, they eluded to the wrongness of things such as gays, bdsm, any alternative lifestyle that didn't conform to their beliefs. I wish I had the editorials to send you so you could read them. I just blue a gasket. Poor hubby was the recipient of my rant and because we live in a small town and my hubby is the City Manager me writing a 'fuck you and the cross you rode in on' letter in response is a bad idea. I saw this and to be honest I frequently equate organized religion with bullies so I posted it. It just frustrates the hell out of me when I see stuff like what they wrote their sanctimonious preachings and insistence that they need to tell the rest of us how to live our lives because we're all so morally bankrupt. Pfft and this is why I don't got to church, not because I don't believe in God but because I refuse to believe in their god. Sorry, I'm ranting again.
Mammarella 7 years ago
'fuck you and the cross you rode in on'
ha-ha-ha! You tell them! =)
Sorry, not really a laughing matter, but I couldn't contain myself.
***
These people are control freaks. Don't want to have an assisted suicide? Don't have one. Don't want to practice BDSM? Don't! I wonder what would they say if someone started pushing them.
***
I am also fuming, you are not alone. I blew a gasket over Dolce and Gabbana idiots who - aside from being against same sex marriage and having kids - called kids conceived via ART "synthetic". WHAT? @.@
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
Agreed and as for having a chuckle, you gotta' laugh about it a bit or it gets to be too much. Synthetic kids? Really, I've not encountered that before now. Probably a good thing anyone every actually uses that term to me about a kid no matter how they are conceived and I will rip them a new one. Yeah, I can feel the rage building already.

I know I've been talking with one of my friends over on GR about a young man (high school age, I believe) who came out to his parents and they rejected him and he was being cyber bullied and bullied at school from the sounds of it. He's been missing for a week and they found his body just the other day. He committed suicide. Now his parents are playing the role of 'the wounded, grieving parents. To which I say 'Really? Now, your son is dead because he felt like he had no hope and no one who loved him? Just fuck you, I hope you never sleep again because your nights are filled with the realization of how you failed him.' maybe that's harsh but I can't pretend that they deserve any great sympathies, he does. My heart breaks for that child, that he had no one to tell him how loved and wanted he was. How special he was. If there really is such a thing as reincarnation I hope he gets to come back and be surrounded by love his whole incredibly long life.

You love your kids no matter what. Honestly if my kid committed murder. I wouldn't like what he'd done, I would hate that he'd become the type of person who would do that and I would feel that he deserved to pay for his crime. But I know I would still love him. You can love someone without liking everything about them. Ok that's my morning rant. Thanks for listening :-)
Mammarella 7 years ago
Now you have me looking for tissues! :~(
Poor child! :(
What you said is not harsh. Harsh does not begin to describe what they did to their son. This? Your words? Nothing in comparison. What bothers me tho, there are no legal actions taken against EVERYONE involved. The parents should be charged as an accessory to murder after the fact, among other thing. And all who bullied the boy - too. There must be legal actions, because a slip on the wrist never works.
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
I agree and to anyone who wants to tell me that his parents have to live with loosing their son, I say "Yeah? SO? They made that choice when they didn't give their son what he needed the unconditional love that all parents claim to have for their kids and I'm sorry but I'll love you as long as you're not gay? The is so not unconditional. Metaphorically speaking that young man may have pulled the trigger but it was everyone else who loaded the gun and pointed at his head.