Mammarella 7 years ago
I love these books, need to re-read book two and then move onto book three. As soon as I am done with my challenges.
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
I was surprised by the end of this book how much I wanted to start the second book and I loved the extra story at the end of the book, I think it was called 'The Training of Erasmus' or something close to that. it was a fabulous story.
Mammarella 7 years ago
ahhh.... you got a different edition, I think :) Or maybe I forgot already and really need to read book one again :D Do you have it on Kindle?
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
No, I have a Kobo e-reader so honestly, I never buy from Amazon. I didn't even know about the extra story until I found it and when I checked the reviews Julio was the only one who I remember mentioned it for sure. So maybe it wasn't put in the first printing. So out of curiosity I peeked and my copy was released in 2013 and it looks like that would make it a second edition so maybe the side story about Erasmus was added to the re-released book and not the original release, just guessing here.
Mammarella 7 years ago
Awww..... I think I am getting jealous! And I haven't even checked my copy yet - lol
I don't buy from Amazon either, unless it's a free giveaway, then it's a fair game. But not even 99 cent books. Nope. I got volume three from ARe and the other two.... maybe from Kobo.
Going to investigate.
Mammarella 7 years ago
Oh... it looks like I have the Erasmus story. What are the final words in your version? I have "...and that was when the screams began."
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
Yes, Once I finished the main book there was one page that was acknowledgments and then the first page for the Training of Erasmus. So you do have it you just need to go past the author's acknowledgment page and it's there. I actually got all 3 of the books from Kobo but that was mostly because they were a lot cheaper for me from Kobo $3.59 CDN vs $7.99 USD (which with the current exchange rate is approximately $11.00 Canadian. How's that for a big ouch! on the price difference. I got all 3 books for less than it would have cost me to buy 2 from ARe. That's just sad.
Mammarella 7 years ago
I bought two books from Kobo some time ago, I think it was the first edition, the price was $2.75 or smth ridiculous like that. But I got book three from ARe. Used my e-book bucks. No way I was paying cash for that! AND the book was DRM-ed! Can you frigging believe it? Argh!
THE NERVE!
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
I hate DRM files half the time I can't get them to open on either my e-reader or the computer it's one or the other so I download them to my computer and strip the freaking DRM off of them or I go buy it somewhere that sells a non-DRM version. Kobo is really bad for selling DRM versions. I know CP 3 from them is a DRM version but anywhere else was charging me in US dollars or didn't have rights to sell it in my area so it was either pay half again as much as what Kobo wanted or don't get it at all.
Mammarella 7 years ago
I guess Pinguin insisted on DRM. Well, screw you, suckers!!!! IT was GONE the moment it landed on my hard drive MWAHAHA!!!!!!!
...Bookfanatic 7 years ago
Mine too. I'm wondering when publishers will figure out that it takes next to no effort to get rid of DRM on a book if you don't want it. Except I did have one book that no DRM removal program that I tried and believe me I tried many could remove the DRM from. I actually ended up replacing the book when I finally found it on sale for like 99 cents. I was more than a little pissed but I like the book and I want to re-read it and since I've replaced both my computer and my e-reader since I bought it I couldn't open it on anything. So it was 99 cents well spent.