Thank you! The more voices we have openly saying we don't like this kind of behavior, the more chance this has to become a dialogue.

I ♥ you for this post. For lots of other reasons, but for this post, too!
...Bookfanatic 8 years ago
Right back atcha' my friend.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
Well said, my dear. Especially that the world does not owe them anything except lawfully acquiring the book. Your father was a wise man. Respect is both earned and given.
...Bookfanatic 8 years ago
Thank you. My dad was at times wise, he was also an interesting and unique person. One of the things he taught me was that frequently the right thing to do or be isn't the easiest. I try to be someone who both he and I can always be proud of. He's been gone for a long time but I know a part of who I am comes from him so he'll always be with me no matter what. Ok, I'm sappy and teary eyed now time to go make cookies.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
*hugs*
...Bookfanatic 8 years ago
Thanks, hugs are good and help to make things better but then so do cookies. Back soon.
Debbie's Spurts 8 years ago
Plus, on most sites if the review is nothing but an attack on the author (particularly if bringing in some real life dispute like "author owes me money and has no integrity") most site TOS let you flag it for removal.
SilverThistle 8 years ago
Very nicely put :) I'm thinking about putting the "I'm not your momma" bit at the end of all my reviews from now on :D
...Bookfanatic 8 years ago
Ok yes, I am still your friend and a comment like that just tells me that there was something about their thought process you didn't follow and I might not either, I might interpret it differently. I don't view that as being the same kind of statement at all. And yes I feel exactly the same about the people on American Idol until I realized that some of them just don't get it and they think they really are amazing singers, then I just shake my head and feel sad for them.