I may try this. I spend too much time trying to find he next "perfect" book. Sometimes ays. I feel like maybe I should start planning like a month in adance or something.
Try it. If you spend more time trying to decide what to read than reading, this takes the "feelz" out of it.
Debbie's Spurts 1 month ago
Fictfact.com is my favorite for series next book reminders, organization, tracking, and release calendars. (The release calendar is under "explore" on their main menu bar and there's a spot to click to see just the series you track).
I have a fictfact account, I just need to bookmark the site, so I remember to check in every couple of weeks!
Debbie's Spurts 1 month ago
Well, and click "read" as you finish book so it doesn't keep showing the wrong one as next to read.
I think that is what put me off from using it near the beginning. It felt like yet ANOTHER site I had to click/rate/date/whatever on.
Debbie's Spurts 1 month ago
Yes, took me a while to join because of that.

I got anal about at least clicking "read" there after I kept losing/seeing-ruined reading sites where I was active about my series reads (Visual Bookshelf, Leafmarks, goodreads, ...). Not good about rating or tracking currently reading, skipped, to be read stuff.

One day a few weeks into it *poof* after trackng enough books on fictfact it became a huge, huge plus for series-reading-me.

I'm really hoping fictfact will be left alone (not taken over or changed by anyone) because no reviews, no real feed where book activity "advertises" the book, and no real social (you can follow or look up people to see what series they are following)...
Debbie's Spurts 1 month ago
Oddly, the series recommendations on fictfact work pretty good for me. Individual book recommendations on most sites almost never do (some of goodreads' because-you-read-X recommendations are really odd).
isanythingopen 1 month ago
I always intend to read every book I download, but shiny stuff is always popping up.
When I do a TBR cleaning like I am this year, I put the 25 of the oldest on my Kindle and cycle the read ones off with Calibre once a month.
And try really hard not to buy more than I read.
Debbie's Spurts 1 month ago
"Shiny stuff" pops up on my booklikes feed all the time.
Darth Pony 1 month ago
A list of the series I'm reading is a great idea! I should do that!

*writes down interesting-sounding books/series from Bookstooge's list instead*

I don't have a problem. I can stop any time I want. @.@
Exactly. You are in as much control as you want to be ;-)
isanythingopen 1 month ago
LOL
That's why I didn't read Bookstooge's list too closely.
He always has good shiny stuff.
Just call me "The Enabler"!