Well, you've got to get the important stuff sorted out first!
Degrees of Affection 6 years ago
Agreed!
That's literally the first thing I think about when I learn I'll be traveling as well! I thought I was the only one!
BrokenTune 6 years ago
So, what do you like to read on the plane?
You know, it's not so much that while I'm on a plane I'll read something different than usual. It's more that I know I'm going to have a few hours with nothing to do but read, and no one will be interrupting me! I will always have the next book on my list ready to go though. The last trip I went on I started (and finished!) Heir of Fire, the fourth book in the super cool Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
I know what you mean. Just the thought alone to not have any distractions is awesome. I noticed that I tend to read more non-fiction on journeys (especially long journeys) - probably because there is little to disturb my reading. Last time I was on a long-haul flight back to the UK from Dubai, my choice o reading material ignited the most interesting discussion with an Indian gent sitting next to me about German politics of the 1960s. That was an unexpected bonus to the trip.
Enjoy your trip and your book!
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Thanks. I'll have a look at the Throne of Glass before I go. :)
Cool. If you do I highly recommend starting with the prequels instead of jumping right into book 1.
bookaneer 6 years ago
I suggest Madness of Angels. It's at least half about London and the author's love of the city.
It's sort of like Neverwhere, but with a more interesting protagonist.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
I liked Neverwhere a lot. So. I'll check out Madness of Angels, but probably for another trip.
Martini 6 years ago
Have fun! :)
Did you already decide what to read?
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Yes, I think I have. It's London - and I think I may have to throw in a good old-fashioned cozy mystery - so, I'm thinking Christie, The Seven Dials Mystery.