6 years ago
This has been on my list for a long time--I heard the author interviewed on the radio and was intrigued.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
I deliberately stayed clear of anything written about it and when the film was released - I managed to stay clear of that, too, even though I really wanted to see it. A friend told me this morning (on reading my FB update about the book) that the film is not worth watching.

As for the book, I really enjoyed it. Mostly because it seemed very honest. Just one thing - I should have mentioned a trigger warning about an episode where a horse is put down. That was pretty awful and graphic.
6 years ago
Great review! This is the first review that's made me want to pick up the book.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Thanks! What's been putting you off about the book?
6 years ago
I don't know. I think I just envision pages upon pages of prose about trees and walking and epiphanies. I like hiking, don't necessarily want to read about it. Not quite sure if I'd enjoy that.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Lol! No, I can see how that would be off-putting! If you wanted to read pages and pages about trees, you'd read Lord of the Rings, right?! ;) No, the story wasn't like that at all - she does describe the trail and some of the landmarks - but the descriptions are vivid and interesting enough and don't take over the story.
Hol 6 years ago
Hope your feet are better soon.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Ha! Thanks! So much for helping a friend train for the kilt walk. ;)
Jenny Schwartz 6 years ago
Thanks for the review - I guess I had thought the book would be over the top sentimental or something.

And your pic from hiking is glorious!
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Yeah, I was a bit surprised, too. I really don't like sentimental and OTT writing styles either.