Reflections 9 years ago
I love the pictures with their mix of modern and ancient.
YouKneeK 9 years ago
Agreed, I love those pictures... makes me want to visit there!
NerdyBirdie 9 years ago
Those are some pretty great pictures!
BrokenTune 9 years ago
Oh, dear.....something has gone awry with the pictures. I'll fix it soon.
So would this be a good thing to read ahead of time? Sounds like it might ...
BrokenTune 9 years ago
You know I thought about this last night, and I don't know. It's not her best work but parts are interesting.
I did see your star rating -- I thought more topically, though? Anyway, thanks, I'll keep it in the back of my mind!
BrokenTune 9 years ago
Well, I'm not going to make it to the post office before getting on a plane. Have a think about it and let me know if you want to read it before going to the North. Otherwise, it will still be on my shelf at the end of August.
Oooh -- I didn't mean for you to send it to me!! We amazingly still do have book stores hereabouts ... :)

When I say "read," in 99% of all cases you should automatically translate that as "buy and read." If I've decided I'm going to read a book, that almost always means I want to own and add it to my collection, too.

Thanks, though!!
Got "Shire," and while I was at it, "Artful" as well.
BrokenTune 9 years ago
Artful is brilliant!
Yes, I remember our discussion about it. I've been wanting to get to it ever since, and figured I might as well right now!
BrokenTune 9 years ago
This one was odd. I liked it but that might be because I like the local content that I can now go and investigate. The two short stories are good but odd. I'd say they're closer to the one in First Person where the lady finds the baby in the supermarket. I'm sure you know which one I mean.
BrokenTune 9 years ago
Hi, I finally got around to reading the Guardian article. Thanks for sending the link. It is was a moving article, and it was awesome to see her taking such personal interest in this.
BrokenTune 9 years ago