6 years ago
It's Mother's Day in the UK, so we've all been enjoying special dinners and giving presents to our mums.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Yeah, a lot of my friends did the same. Hope you had fun.
Hooked on Books 6 years ago
Wow rowing across the Atlantic - that's cool! I'm not an ocean person myself so I couldn't do it. I would be terrified but it sounds like fun though! How far did he/she go & how long did it take?
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Well, it is extraordinary but as it turns out it was not that much fun as it looks like there may be some permanent damage to his health. There were several teams in this year's challenge. They set off in the first week of Jan and my friend's boat reached Antigua two days ago, tho my friend had to leave the boat three weeks ago for medical reasons. His partner rowed the rest of the way by himself. They are both exceptional people.
Hooked on Books 6 years ago
Yes, they are very exceptional! That takes alot of courage and strength. It's a one in a lifetime experience. They should be very proud. I hate that he endured medical problems though. That's very unfortunate. : (
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Thanks Troy. There are some more reviews I want to catch up on. I had a writing slump a while ago and am still catching up.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Sounds like a good weekend, especially your Sunday. :)
I'm used to seeing the "No Ball Games" signs, but the golf one was new to me. It makes you wonder what happened that people felt the need to put it up.
BrokenTune 6 years ago
Well, there is a busy main road just behind and to the left, so maybe that's been an issue in the past with stray ball impeding traffic. Straight ahead (behind the row of trees) is the river, and there is another park on the other side (though that would be a quite a distance to drive the ball). There is an actual golf course run by the Council (therefore public and cheapish) just a 15 minute walk to the right.